• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GC Concierge Level?

Therapeutic Smile

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for Steve...
So in just about a month, my fiancee and I are tying the knot and for the first few days of our honeymoon, my folks have set us up at the Grand Californian, on the Concierge Level.

I've never stayed at any Concierge Level at any hotel anywhere, Disney or otherwise. I've read about a "wine reception," continental breakfast, express check-in... it all sounds great, but can anyone who's stayed at the GC concierge level fill me in on what to expect?

I haven't stayed there yet but we are going to on our trip next year so I have done some research (but would love to hear your experience when you get back.) I have learned that the GCH does not do express check in for their concierge level guests. As for food offerings, the lounge opens at 6:30am for breakfast; pasteries, cereal, juice, tea coffee etc. Then they have nibbles out for lunch and around dinner time (sandwiches, finger food, muffins etc.) Then there is a 2 hour wine and deserts from 5 - 7 (I could be wrong with these times though) and then deserts, hot chocolate etc in the evening until the lounge closes at 10:30 I believe (again not 100% on the times.)
They also have a balcony off the lounge and have the music piped in during the fireworks plus another outdoor 5th floor terrace for concierge guests to sit out on. I'm not sure what the view is from there but would also like to know.

Have a fun trip.

We stayed at the Grand in Concierge in October 2005. Here are some of the things I wrote in my trip report:

#1 - When we arrived, someone from concierge was there to greet us. They took us up to the 6th floor and while I checked in, the cousins and Des were taken to the lounge. Check in was fast. Our room was not ready, but they would call my cell and let me know what room it was when it was ready. Our keys were already activated so we could just go to the room when it was ready! I joined the others in the lounge. Wow, what a spread! There were bagels and cream cheese, fruit, muffins, croissants, cereal, milk, coffee, juice, soda, and water. We grabbed some water and headed to Disneyland!

#2 - While we were there, the concierge desk called to tell me our room was ready. It was room 5012. We headed up there. WOW! What an amazing view we had from our room. We were directly across from Paradise Pier. We could see Scream’, the Sun Wheel, the Golden Zephyr, the Orange Stinger, and Mulholland Madness. To the left we could see the giant Bear and a part of Tower of Terror. It was especially cool at night!!!

After getting settled in our room we went to see what was in the lounge for snack time! They had three different kinds of little sandwiches, fruit, cookies (they were delicious), chocolate covered strawberries, cranberry/orange Mickey shaped scones, coffee, tea, soda’s, water, etc… We stayed in there for a bit and at 5 they brought out new goodies! There were veggies, pb&j for the kids, cheese and crackers, and mini quiches, beer and wine!

Thanks for the link, Danauk! We're very excited about the trip... sounds like we have good reason to be!

Your welcome, please make sure you tell us all about it. I won't be there for 15 months and 3 weeks!! I am super excited even now!! I'd love to hear about your experience when you get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter