GC and Rewards at check- in time?

rbork

DIS Veteran
Can I hand over all our gift cards and reward cards at the time of check in for an acct credit to avoid carrying numerous cards with them during days in the parks? So then we could just carry the kttw card and thats it. Or do you have to wait and submit them when you settle your acct at the end of the trip?

Looking at $465 in GC's and reward card for our trip.:banana::banana::banana::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Seems like alot but we all know how fast it goes when traveling with teenagers. Room, DDP and park tix all paid for. YAY!
Suppose we'll use it for gratuity, tix upgrades if desired and fun stuff.

I'm getting excited now!

I'd like to know also! We are in the same boat, I am not hopefully they will do a credit, most likely have to pay at the end, but you never know!:goodvibes

This is what I've done in the past and it works well for me and my family. It also helps me do a better job of keeping track of (and reining in) spending. We tie a credit card to our reservation and allow for room charges. Then, I pretty much charge all of our expenses back to the room. That includes meals, purchases at stores, snacks, etc. After a few days, I go to the reception desk and ask for a print out of our room charges. I then apply my Visa Reward points or Disney Gift Card to cover those charges. It zeroes things out and we start over. (Make sure that they still have the cc tied to your account. One time, after I paid for a few days, they inadvertently removed the cc designation and I lost the ability to charge to my room. It was easily fixed, but a pain at the moment when I was told we couldn't charge to the room.)

The $10 "bonus" gift cards that came with the $100 GC sold at some stores cannot be applied to your room. Those can only be used at Disney Stores and disneystore.com.

I have never tried to leave the GC or Reward Card info as a "credit" in advance. It seems like it would be difficult for the resort to account for, so I never even ask. I've been doing the "check every few days" method for several years and it works fine. Did it a BWV, POR, POFQ, Pop, Poly, WL, FW, CSR, and CBR all successfully.

You can't apply them initially as a credit to your room, but what PP said works great. Give a credit card to authorize charges with your KTTW card, then every few days (or every day if you want), check in at the desk, get your balance, and pay it off with your gift/reward cards.

I had several gift cards applied to my room account before I even set foot in parks. I knew in advance I'd be spending the money( Buying Ap) so it just made life easier for everyone at tix counter. The only slight issue I ran into was my resort spending limit of 500.00 but that is easy to fix or work around.

Last year I had to wait until I had a balance on my account and than go down and apply them. They did not let me do it on check it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter