GayDays 2011

Our bags are packed, we're ready to go. See you tomorrow! Should be at Bay Lake Tower by 11:00 am!

Hi all

We've been at the world for nine wonderful days but have just checked out of okw and in to the wyndham lbv with free wifi!!

We've had a wonderful trip so far, had an amazing 40th birthday on Tuesday and really looking forward to meeting people on Saturday. We will be the guys in the red shirts with the union jack mickey pins on!!!(that should narrow it down to about 10000!)

We are just off out to dtd for dinner after spending the day at AK with lots of red shirts in attendance!!!

Tomorrow is universal day as we are all Hollywood studio'd out!!

We hope you are all having fabulous trips!!

Jim and the dazzler xxx

Hey all.

DB, DSIL and my mom went home today. It was great to have mom with us but it will be nice for it to just the 4 of us for a few days. Today we hopped out of bed at 8:30 and went to Animal Kingdom unplanned. Saw Nemo, ate at Flame Tree BBQ and came back to the room DP rested well the kids swam and I did laundry.

Getting ready to go out for our date tonight:cool1: Kids to the Neverland Club and us to Citricos.

Tags and I and Singledad and I have traded phone calls but never had the chance to meet up. Looking forward to meeting folks at Breakfast tomorrow.

Dhs was great. Longest wait was 15min got fastpasses for starwars2. They did a good job renovating the ride. Love c3po and the 3d. See y'all tomorrow.

We're FINALLY here!

Arrived around 1 PM, got our APs and TIW card, rode Everest and saw the AK parade.

Now we're back at the room until it's time for dinner at Jiko.

Looking forward to cocktails tonight and breakfast at CP tomorrow! :cool1:

Bags are packed & we are ready for tomorrow morning. We are checking into PO-FQ at 8am & then heading to the park for a few hours, then back to the hotel for some pool time. We will be the ones with a daughter wearing a white t-shirt stating "I love my two moms". Feel free to say Hello! Should see everyone at Dole Whip @ 4pm. Here is the shirt:

362160771v1_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Saturday noon. About 2 or 3 dozen people wait at the double tree for the shuttle. Should be a fun day

See ya gang! Have fun today at Epcot and during the remainder of your vacation -- we're heading home today! :sick:

It was great meeting you all; in the end I don't recall hubby nor myself taking photos when we were together :scared1:

I hope we can catch up with you guys again at some point :)

See ya gang! Have fun today at Epcot and during the remainder of your vacation -- we're heading home today! :sick:

It was great meeting you all; in the end I don't recall hubby nor myself taking photos when we were together :scared1:

I hope we can catch up with you guys again at some point :)

We really enjoyed meeting you and your DH!! :goodvibes
Safe travels!!

Had a good time at MK on Saturday. Only stayed for about four hours, as DD got sick :sick: so back to the hotel we went. She went & took a long nap while DP & I played cards. Then we went to dinner then headed to the pool for the rest of the evening.

It was so nice seeing all the red shirts @ MK. We never made it to Dole Whip & we didn't run into anyone we knew :sad1: but we have plans on doing a full week next year so maybe next year we can finally meet some brothers & sisters!!!

Had a good time at MK on Saturday. Only stayed for about four hours, as DD got sick :sick: so back to the hotel we went. She went & took a long nap while DP & I played cards. Then we went to dinner then headed to the pool for the rest of the evening.

It was so nice seeing all the red shirts @ MK. We never made it to Dole Whip & we didn't run into anyone we knew :sad1: but we have plans on doing a full week next year so maybe next year we can finally meet some brothers & sisters!!!

I hope your DD feels better! :wizard:

We are home... I am sick LOL typical it seems for me when I travel.

It's gorgeous weather at home but feels cold compared to Orlando :lmao: How was Epcot??? :)

When I woke up this morning I was confused as to where I was :lmao: and pondered what park I should visit...

[How was Epcot??? :)

It was great meeting you and your DH during all the meets. EPCOT was a blast it lasted over 7 hours. We spent over 2 hours in Germany. I was done when we reached Canada! We had dinner and went to bed. It was another great trip. We are now planning a trip for Julio's birthday during food and wine in October...

[How was Epcot??? :)

It was great meeting you and your DH during all the meets. EPCOT was a blast it lasted over 7 hours. We spent over 2 hours in Germany. I was done when we reached Canada! We had dinner and went to bed. It was another great trip. We are now planning a trip for Julio's birthday during food and wine in October...

It was great meeting you two as well :) Seems we bumped into you guys the most over at MK :thumbsup2

We've been contemplating an October trip at some point since that's when our anniversary is -- a CM we were chatting with at one of the shops at DTD talked us into going for Food and Wine :) The big bonus for us is the not so insane heat! I hope we can meet up again some day

My last night here at the DoubleTree (thank goodness). EPCOT was a hit, I saw Mexico and U.K bars both packed with red shirts on Sunday. They even had my favorite brand of vodka at the pub in U.K. Strong Margarita in Mexico Tequila bar! It was a great experience for me at MK day, so many res shirts and I swear the best dole whip I ever had. I went back to MK and AK today (Monday) all parks even downtown disney was PACKED. Not only was it packed but it was all little screaming kids and grumpy parents. 110min wait times in AK and MK today, you didn't miss a thing. Lots of people wearing red considering, some I'm guessing were straight.

All the decor was taken down and no trace or even a hint that there was a party at the double tree before noon today. Housekeeping does a amazing job here. Hotel is not what I had hoped otherwise. Great sound system at the pool party and good music at times. Loved the event planning and the friendly people who made gaydays possible and helped me find my way.

I hope to see yall next year, maybe with someone I can hold hands with on pirates of carribean and stay at a better hotel.

Oh and I just finished adding the video and pictures I took at gaydays on put them on my flickr account. It's set to public, anyone can view them, search for schotzmcbodka i think.

Ciao

Tags and I and Singledad and I have traded phone calls but never had the chance to meet up. Looking forward to meeting folks at Breakfast tomorrow.

I am so sad we never did manage to meet up! :sad2: It was phone tag all the way! by the time I saw you called and I called you, you missed the call. Or we were mid ride. (like when I talked to you while on Small world. :guilty: ) and DD so wanted to play with a little girl! hopefully next time?

We will be the ones with a daughter wearing a white t-shirt stating "I love my two moms". Feel free to say Hello! Should see everyone at Dole Whip @ 4pm.

I don't think I saw yall. :guilty: so many red shirts and not sure who is who. add in my DD was passed out cold in the stroller... and my lime green mickeys got lost off my bags.... :sad2:

maybe so! sorry your DD got sick. mine was showing similar signs of heat exhaustion so we went to first aid and she took a half hour nap there. I love how easy going they where at first aid. no big up to do over a nap in the cool to get her back on track. and it helped me TONS that the nurse 'ordered' DD to drink more water. I was offering all the time but she kept refusing. she took at least a sip every time i offered after the nurse told her she had to drink more. :woohoo:

Well, i work tonight, plan to try to upload and that at work tonight and start my TR.

Singledad, sorry we didn't get to chat much! There was a load of people at the Dole Whip meet and I didn't intend to not get caught up more with you! I am glad your daughter drank more after being told to! She was passed out when I saw her but she was adorable!

Singledad, sorry we didn't get to chat much! There was a load of people at the Dole Whip meet and I didn't intend to not get caught up more with you! I am glad your daughter drank more after being told to! She was passed out when I saw her but she was adorable!

Yeah, she woke up about 30 min after that and was saying her tummy was sick, etc. it was then we went to first aid. Yeah, I think the trouble was more the area is a bit larger than you would think, and you couldn't really tell who was there for dismeet and who was simply there. I know I sat and spoke with a guy for a good while who said I was the only dis member he met that day so far, and I don't know if he ever did spot any of the rest of us. :confused3 Maybe next time I will sneak in a HUGE sign "DISMEET HERE!" and claim us an area! :laughing:

Agree with SingleDad, need a DISday and some easy way to distinguish DIS members in the park. Those who I met didn't even know what the DIS boards were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter