Gaydays 2009, the super duper early planning thread!

ConcKahuna

<font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f
WDW Gaydays 2009 should take place from June 1st until June 7th or so, with GayDay at the Magic Kingdom being June 6th.

So time to get planning! Post where you'll stay, when you can make it, or any questions you might have!

Here are a few good resources (although they still have the 2008 info as of the time of this posting)...

www.gaydays.com
www.gayday.com
www.gaydayfamily.com
www.girlsatgaydays.com

I can honestly say that we're considering leaving Orlando and vacationing elsewhere during Gay Days 2009.

To us, Gay Days always meant several nights at Pleasure Island. That's where and when we met. It's been our anniversary celebration.

We just can't picture a Gay Days that doesn't involve PI and most specifically the Adventurers Club.

Other than the Magic Kingdom on the first Saturday of June, there's not going to be much draw for us anymore. :sad2:

I do think that a lot of GayDays' charm, especially for the younger crowd, is going to be lost without PI. Disney had the total package with entertainment for everyone, but without PI, the adults without kids to keep them busy at night are going to leave Disney property. It will be interesting to see where all of these folks head off to in 2009 and beyond. I just think it's sad that the safety of partying on property and leaving the driving to someone else is going to be lost and some will make poor choices that could potentially lead to tragedy.

I do think that a lot of GayDays' charm, especially for the younger crowd, is going to be lost without PI. Disney had the total package with entertainment for everyone, but without PI, the adults without kids to keep them busy at night are going to leave Disney property. It will be interesting to see where all of these folks head off to in 2009 and beyond. I just think it's sad that the safety of partying on property and leaving the driving to someone else is going to be lost and some will make poor choices that could potentially lead to tragedy.

Once again I look for the "nail on the head" emoticon. ::sigh:: such a dumb dumb dumb decision.

All that said, this will be my first year being at Disney for gay days as I'll be a CP starting in January and running until at least August if not later. It really sucks that the first year I'll be there is going to be the first one without PI.

There is always Atlantic Dance on the boardwalk. I am going to miss that rotating floor. Anyone going to be there the last weekend? There should be a Post Gay Day event at Pleasure Island the night of the 27th.

:woohoo: :banana: :dance3:

There is always Atlantic Dance on the boardwalk. I am going to miss that rotating floor. Anyone going to be there the last weekend? There should be a Post Gay Day event at Pleasure Island the night of the 27th.

:woohoo: :banana: :dance3:

I'm very very very very tempted to fly down for a weekend trip, but it all depends on finances and at this point I can't guarantee I would have the money therefore I can't justify buying the plane ticket.

I am planning a trip to WDW next year sometime around late May but I may just push it back to june, i've always wanted to go to Gay Days.

Bruce and I are in, PI or not (and we enjoy AC and will miss it). We haven't decided where we are staying yet and probably won't decide until after our tentative December trip for Mousefest. Even so, we are most likely to end up at a Value Resort.

Luv 'n' Stuff,
Bob of

We'll be there, but we'll really miss PI. Other than MK (and drinking at Epcot on Sunday) I don't know what else we'll do. I guess we can always take over Atlantic Dance...:confused3

I hate the thought too , of Gay Days without PI , but I have already booked my room at Boardwalk. I'll either be at one the circuit party's or on the boardwalk dancing , drinking or listening to the piano's!

I hate the thought too , of Gay Days without PI , but I have already booked my room at Boardwalk. I'll either be at one the circuit party's or on the boardwalk dancing , drinking or listening to the piano's!

As much as I will miss PI, that is a great attitude to have. In my hometown we have a fairly strong gay community, but certainly not as much as Orlando and our Pride fesitval is anything but a festival....

I will look forward to just being around people who are like me and who accept me. That's one of my biggest draws to Disney at any time of the year, but it'll be nice to look around and not be(or barely be) the minority. Of course DBF will be in Italy studying abroad so I'll have to behave myself:rotfl:

As much as I will miss PI, that is a great attitude to have. In my hometown we have a fairly strong gay community, but certainly not as much as Orlando and our Pride fesitval is anything but a festival....

I will look forward to just being around people who are like me and who accept me. That's one of my biggest draws to Disney at any time of the year, but it'll be nice to look around and not be(or barely be) the minority. Of course DBF will be in Italy studying abroad so I'll have to behave myself:rotfl:

Look for me at the Brewery drinking PITCHES of beer out on the boardwalk........ I mean you'll need someone to talk with if your BF is going to be away <G>

;-)

Of course DBF will be in Italy studying abroad so I'll have to behave myself:rotfl:

Why?

devil.gif

Seems more like the time to dial it up a notch!
puck.gif

Why?

devil.gif

Seems more like the time to dial it up a notch!
puck.gif

ok well I have been known to take my shirt off and dance it up. I won body of the year at the gay bar here 2 years ago(was in Disney this last year). Unfortunately Mannequins is closing and idk if I'd feel comfortable in a strange club doing that.

Then of course there was that time after I came back from being a CP that I went to Minneapolis pride...techno club, on the stage, one guy on his knees(yes you can use your imagination) and the other making out with me:woohoo: aahh those were the days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter