Gay Pride Days--Boston or Washington DC?

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
Has anyone been to Pride days in either DC or Boston. Is it a lot of fun? What can you tell me about it? We have the opportunity to either go to Pride in Boston or DC, assuming that's how we want to spend part of our vacation days. We'll be up in the NE, anyway, so could hang around for that, or we could drive back down here (will have to do it a day or two later, anyway) and go. If you've gone to both please compare them. I'd especially like Boston info since I can more easily talk to people here who've been to the DC one. Not that I'll turn down DC info. :rotfl:

Here's some of the Boston info (I suppose we'd do the Saturday event and one of the block parties?).
http://www.bostonpride.org/festival.php
http://www.bostonpride.org/ssbp.php
http://www.bostonpride.org/jpbp.php

And the DC info http://www.capitalpride.org/calendar.html
Saturday June 14th
6:30 PM
Annual Capital Pride Parade
Dupont Circle and Logan Circle Neighborhoods.

Annual Capital Pride Parade through Dupont and Logan Circles. Join the thousands who turn out for this annual event that cannot be missed!

Sunday June 15th
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
33rd Annual Capital Pride Festival
Historic Pennsylvania Avenue, between 4th and 7th Streets, NW

Metros: Archives/Navy Memorial (Green/Yellow); Judiciary Square (Red)

Celebrating the History, Vision, & Legacy of our LGBT community, the 33rd Annual Capital Pride Festival is the 4th largest Pride festival in the United States with over 200,000 attendees and more than 200 community organizations, local businesses, and corporations participating each year.

Join us on June 15 as we celebrate our diversity and show our Capital Pride

Never been to Boston Pride, but I've been to NYC, Denver, Richmond and DC Prides ... and DC Pride is definitely my favorite. My friends and I used to get a hotel room in Dupont Circle for the weekend and we'd just hang out in the circle and people watch ;)

Never been to Boston Pride, but I've been to NYC, Denver, Richmond and DC Prides ... and DC Pride is definitely my favorite. My friends and I used to get a hotel room in Dupont Circle for the weekend and we'd just hang out in the circle and people watch ;)

I bet that was a blast!

I've not been to either, but if I had to choose I'd go with Boston given its proximity to P-town. :cool1:

I live 20 minutes south of Boston and haven't gone in for pride the last 2 years. I always had a good time. I don't think Boston is that big of a pride last year , if I remember right ,there was about 125,000 people . There is of course the parade and loads of stuff to do over the Fri-Sat-Sun weekend ! I spent 1 year in Dupont circle for pride, gosh the only thing I seem to remember is bud-weis-er! <G>

I think if you are spending pride with people you care about no matter how many or few, you'll enjoy it!

Good point about PTown...that's where we'll be right before that weekend.

Boston5602, Budweiser? Ewww! :rotfl: Does Boston Pride have Sam Adams? ;)

AS far as I remember everything was brought to you by the letter " Q " the number " 3 " and " Budweiser " not Sam Adams !

Though there are lots of places to get a Sam's around town.

Boston is a great place to visit and doing so during Pride just tops the Boston creme pie!

We decided to go to the Boston Pride since we'll be in MA, anyway. We'll be in Boston for a couple days, go to PTown for a few days, and then back to Boston. Anything we need to make sure we do or see? Besides the dessert place that was on another thread. :rotfl:

If your into history you need to do the Freedom Trail. Its basically a self guided tour of the historic part of the city.

Or how about this? I have not done it yet, but am thinking about it very soon..

http://www.bostonducktours.com

I see them in the city all the time and everyone seems to be having the best time touring the city.....you do get to see all the highlights of Boston. And you pick it up at the Prudential area where there is great shopping (are you into shopping) and good restaurants..parking underneath the Pru or at Neiman Marcus. Newbury Street is one of my fave streets to walk in the city and just people watch or shop. Copley Place, very shi-shi, love it..

I love Boston, and you should hear my accent, however, I have not been in the city during Gay Pride, but would have no trouble going then.. To me, it would be like hanging out in the South End.. which I love too.

Wave on your way to PTown.. I am the second exit on Route 6, you gotta love Cape Cod!!!!!

We were thinking about the Duck Tours. I went one time years ago with my family (the only time I've been to Boston) and enjoyed it. I like shopping. Not that I have money to spend, but it's still fun looking. :hyper:

I've never been to Cape Cod before and am very excited about going! :woohoo: We were thinking about going on a whale-watching excursion--are they fun? And we have to go to the potato chip tour. :rotfl:

We're stopping in Plymouth and I think going to Plimouth Plantation. Thinking about going to Salem, but didn't know if we could see what we wanted to see in a morning (as much time as we have).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter