Gay-friendly Thread!

iankh-

That is a great price for the cruise! What sailing date are you going on?
I have also been on a Disney Cruise, and have never had any problems or strange looks.
Go, you will have a blast!

Hazy

I used to want to go on an Olivia cruise, but I love Disney cruises so much I couldn't bare to cruise with anyone else. I don't think discrimination is a big issue with Disney. I don't know anyone who has had a problem and I have asked many many people. I actually would go as far as saying I felt a warm vibe from people when me and the mrs. were down there.

Just another reason Disney is so awesome.

Hazy said:
iankh-

That is a great price for the cruise! What sailing date are you going on?
I have also been on a Disney Cruise, and have never had any problems or strange looks.
Go, you will have a blast!

Hazy

Hazy,

We're booked for the 12/10/2006 4-night. I got 4 different quotes and it was amazing how much higher the other ones were, about $1000 for the 3 of us. Funny enough, it was Dreams Unlimited, the sponsor of the cruise forum that got us the great price.

If anyone else is sailing on this date, let me know!

Happy Holidays to guys as well! All the best to everyone in the New Year!
Hey, is their any GLBT folks or other singles going on the Jan. 7 "Magic" sailing????
Feel free to e-mail me.
Scott (RubyshoesNM)

That is a fantastic deal! Don't let that booking fall through! The ship looks beautiful during the Holidays! As does Castaway Cay!

Hazy

Hazy said:
That is a fantastic deal! Don't let that booking fall through! The ship looks beautiful during the Holidays! As does Castaway Cay!

Hazy

Our deposits are in and this is solid! We are ON for 12/10/2006 --- can you believe that this is a year away!

We have taken numerous Disney cruises, and I have a tendency to feel "out of place" very easily. I have never felt anything but comfortable on the Disney ships! The staff, my table mates, everyone treated me just like Joe Blow USA! The staff in the lounges did get a little annoying late at night thought......always asking where the other half was! LOL (The other half can be quite entertaining when he wants to be)

I think at Disney people realize that were all here for the same thing...Magic!

Two other things...did anyone catch the Disney parade on Christmas? My drum corps kids got cut down to about 8 seconds, oh well, but other than that I thought it was a decent program.

And the other thing, did anyone else notice the "lifestyle" thread going on in the adult section? Hmmmmmmm :scared1:

A cruise.. sounds WONDERFUL!!! Have a fabulous time!!! :)

Yeah.. saw that Lifestyle thread trying to happen.. AND if you go into the "Any couples Going thread" you will see the same individual trying to get something started there also!! LOL!!!

Okay... I am going to try this one more time... BUT set a definite date.. How about January 3rd at Rose & Crown 5 pm for Drinks? Mini Meet? Anyone up for it .. or is another date better?

Kathy

Ok since the first discovery of this board on the 24th, I have not been able to stop myself from keep coming back and read every single new post. I think I am officially addicted.
I thought I got my honeymoon trip itinerary all figured out, but now it has been completely changed…. 20 times over! LOL
Oh any other couple going to be on vacationing Feb 6-12??

Hey everyone! Hope you all had happy holidays! I have some exciting news - I FINALLY got my wedding dress yesterday! (Well, the deposit was put down anyway). I'm so excited - my mother and I went, and it was the first dress I tried on. I'm surprised no tears were shed, but somehow we managed. Now I have to find bridesmaid dresses....but we're getting there!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and share the news. Hope you all have a very happy New Year - anyone have any exciting plans? I'm lucky if I make it to the ball drop, LOL.

Kathy, Janurary 3rd, what day of the week is that? I can always be tempted to meet at EPCOT! LOL :drinking1

that would be a Tuesday Mike... and it would be a pleasure to meet you as well as some of our other family friends here! :) I know there are a few of us planning to be down there this week.... and with the holidays and all it seems to be harder to put together a mini meet.. but it can't hurt to keep trying :) so... any other takers?

Kathy

Hi everyone!

I wanted to just pop in and say a quick hello! We survived Christmas, and are now heading off to my in-laws for New Years / Christmas part 3. I am getting worried that Mark is becoming the most spoiled kid in the world. He is the first grandchild on both sides, and he has a lot of aunts that want to buy him things. I don't know if it will all fit in our little place!

I just wanted to say a big hello to all the new people! I almost didn't recognize the thread! I don't have a trip for another 10 months yet I am addicted too. TLPL, it is just too easy!

Well, I should run off, maybe check this "lifestyles" thread I have head about before I go to bed. :)

Valentine said:
Okay... I am going to try this one more time... BUT set a definite date.. How about January 3rd at Rose & Crown 5 pm for Drinks? Mini Meet? Anyone up for it .. or is another date better?

Kathy --- We'll be down there from the 31st and leave on the 4th. Meeting up on the 3rd will work for us.

Ian

Kathy - I would love to be at another mini-DIS meet (especially at the Rose and Crown again!) but I don't know if it will be possible since I have a lot of family activities this trip ... but Mike never met up with us last time and if I recall correctly he said he had some good gossip for us ... either that or maybe it was something to do with stuffed olives. I'll try to meet up with everyone.

Noah - since it's still the Christmas season I wanted to tell you that when you go next year you absolutely have to go to the Christmas Store at DTD and get an ornament for Mark (and maybe an ornament for the whole family). They also personalize them in the MK but the store at DTD is great to walk around and they really do beautiful work.

Disneynutt - please be kind when picking out bridesmaid dresses ... stay away from anything that might have been used in Gone With the Wind!;)

It's always great to see our group growing, welcome to the newbies.

Saxton said:
Disneynutt - please be kind when picking out bridesmaid dresses ... stay away from anything that might have been used in Gone With the Wind!;)

But I really had my heart set on something "poufy" with large butt bows!!! :rotfl: j/k

Well, well: this place has been happening!

Welcome to all the new members :earsgirl:

Me and Val are leaving Friday morning...Had to take her to the emergency room this morning as a rather inconsiderate stomach flu is trying to keep her from WDW! She's a trooper: after fainting and spending the day in the emergency room, she is still talking about ADR's and room requests!

For the mini-meet, this is our trip schedule if that helps at all:

30- Epcot/MK (Dinner San Angell Inn)
31-MGM (Dinner Brown Derby)
1-Epcot/MK (Dinner Artist Pointe)
2-MK/PI (It's My Birthday!!!) (Dinner California Grill)
3-AKL (Dinner Jiko)
4-AKL/MGM/Downtown Disney (Dinner House Of Blues)

Head count: who will be there: us, valentine....???

joanjett1976 said:
Well, well: this place has been happening!

Welcome to all the new members :earsgirl:

Me and Val are leaving Friday morning...Had to take her to the emergency room this morning as a rather inconsiderate stomach flu is trying to keep her from WDW! She's a trooper: after fainting and spending the day in the emergency room, she is still talking about ADR's and room requests!

For the mini-meet, this is our trip schedule if that helps at all:

30- Epcot/MK (Dinner San Angell Inn)
31-MGM (Dinner Brown Derby)
1-Epcot/MK (Dinner Artist Pointe)
2-MK/PI (It's My Birthday!!!) (Dinner California Grill)
3-AKL (Dinner Jiko)
4-AKL/MGM/Downtown Disney (Dinner House Of Blues)

Head count: who will be there: us, valentine....???

Well, here the scoop on us, Me (Ian) and my partner Sukie arrive on the 31st, staying a BCV. We really don't have much of a plan but here it is so far:

31 Dec - Dinner at Boma at 8 PM (He who shall be obeyed insisted on Boma his favorite, vegetarian friendly restaurant.
1 Jan - We planned to go to MK. No dinner plans yet
2 Jan - Epcot with dinner and San Angel
3 Jan - Open right now
4 Jan - Head back to Chicago

We're really very flexible and open for anything. Would love to meet up with other people.

Ok folks, sounds like we are all leaving pretty soon for WDW, time to go into queen planning mode.

Sukie and I would love to meet other people from these boards. We thought we were the only 2 bizarre gay people who regularly need a dose of Disney, our adult Ridilin as we call it.

I'm usually pretty flexable.....I get out of work shortly after sundown usually. I also have Sun, Mon, and Tuesdays off unless we are hammered, which we have been the past two weeks. I can get to Rose and Crown in a flash after work, or anywhere in the world for that matter. You guys are on vacation, you decide. Just let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter