Gay-friendly Thread!

Viki,

Awsome Trip report, good luck getting if finished by the end of the year! But I dont mind, I actually look forward to the reading.

Malaysia - HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

We all want photos of all of the shoes and "Calm Diggers" (Thats what we old folks call Capri's)

I have been done shopping for about 2 weeks, but I started in early November. I am still picking up things hear and there for Kimberly. I am also going to the King of Prussia mall on Friday so I am sure to do some extra shopping then just because.

I'm COLD! :cold:

What is the present everyone is most excited to give?

For me it's two things. This Night Sky Poster from Signals and the complete series of Sex and The City on DVD. I am excited about the poster because it came out beautiful and it is more meaningful. I got it done for the date we began dating. The DVD is exciting b/c I know she will love it and she is completely stumped about what it is.

OrlandoMike said:
Viki,

Awsome Trip report, good luck getting if finished by the end of the year! But I dont mind, I actually look forward to the reading.

Malaysia - HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

We all want photos of all of the shoes and "Calm Diggers" (Thats what we old folks call Capri's)
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: calm diggers, haha, very funny!

I'm not even done packing :faint: I better go.

Happy Holiday's Everyone!

have a GREAT time Malaysia!!! Happy Sailing!!!

Kathy

SparklieSunShine- that night sky poster is SO cool! What a thoughtful gift!

I am yet to do any Christmas shopping- it's going to be an interesting week!

I'm most excited to give DFi his new XM satellite radio - he's been salivating after it for so long and I keep telling him no. Now, he can listen to his country music (who am I kidding, I love it too) when we move to NY.

OT: I had a terrible day at work today. I work in a bank and we were robbed 20 minutes before closing. I can't go into much detail, but it was a harrowing experience to say the least. Thank goodness no one was hurt. I hate being home alone right now (DFi is at work until tomorrow morning). But, I do have my ferocious (yeah right) Toby to keep me company. And the DIS is helping me keep my mind off of it.

Kathy - you can get the Disney Village at the Christmas Store at DTD and I just got the firehouse as a gift, it was purchased at the Disney Store online. The buildings are really nice - the little lights in the wreaths actually change colors. Here's a link to some shots of the village & my last trip (some of the decorations at the MK and Osborne lights):

http://saxton.shutterfly.com/action/

Traci - are you sure you want to move away from this beautiful weather? I took my staff out to lunch today and I swear I got frost bit ... couldn't feel my ears for a long time! I was going to head to Rochester this week but I think I'll wait for spring. By the way, I'll pm you a site for the Federal jobs that I mentioned.

Malaysia - have great trip and we'll expect a complete report.

Disneynutt - so you're getting sick and you got robbed??? That is awful! Stay in, relax and let Toby protect you!

Saxton said:
Disneynutt - so you're getting sick and you got robbed??? That is awful! Stay in, relax and let Toby protect you!

Luckily, I'm feeling better health wise today. We must have just been kicking up too much dust over the weekend with all the packing so my allergies went haywire.

I'm definitely staying in tonight! I have my glass of wine and my jammies on as we speak.

disneynutt1225 said:
OT: I had a terrible day at work today. I work in a bank and we were robbed 20 minutes before closing. I can't go into much detail, but it was a harrowing experience to say the least. Thank goodness no one was hurt. I hate being home alone right now (DFi is at work until tomorrow morning). But, I do have my ferocious (yeah right) Toby to keep me company. And the DIS is helping me keep my mind off of it.

Oh my goodness, that really does rate as a terrible day and Toby looks wonderful but basically useless in a crisis. Could I loan you one or both of my very able border collies, who are prepared to take down any and all intruders, Canadian geese, or viscious killer sheep?

disneynutt - That's so scary! Has it ever happened before? You deserve that wine!

Well, I lied when I said I would have all my Christmas shopping done today. I'll finnish tomorow.... Yeah, even I know that is a lie. I'll tell you what my favourite gift to give is as soon as I buy it. ;)

Well, I have missed the DIS for a while. I better go check out what is going on over in the trip report board, just incase I can see some more gay thread all-stars!

True North said:
Well, I have missed the DIS for a while. I better go check out what is going on over in the trip report board, just incase I can see some more gay thread all-stars!

Oh my goodness, I am sooooo easy. I'm not even absolutely positive you're referring to yours truly, but I sure am blushing!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Wow.. busy day!!! Sorry to hear about your terrible day Dis!

Thanks for the pics Saxton.. they are GREAT!! Now.. you know I will be hitting up the Christmas Store in January! (Which btw.. i hope we can put together some sort of gathering!!)

I did some christmas shopping tonight...and am happy to say that I am ALMOST done!! LOL!! Not quite but almost.. one more outing and i should have it all accomplished.. Did I mention that i LOVE Christmas shopping?? I love searching for that perfect gift.. but it has to be done during the christmas season.. i can't pre-buy.. i don't know... I just love the hustle and bustle of the malls...

Let's see.. favorite gift.. So far it is a Long Black Suede Jacket I got for my sister.. the mother of the cutie in my Siggie... she rarely buys herself any nice clothes anymore.. so.. I was lucky and got her as my Kris Kringle.. so I get to spend alot on her and she can't yell at me!! LOL!! In my family we pick one person to be our KK and then we spend an allotted amount on just that one person.. and the baby of course.. the other gift is a kid sized drum kit for my nephew.. of course that will be staying at MY house! LOL!! But he really does have an affinity towards the Piano and the Drums.. so.. I already bought him a small electronic keyboard... which he loves... so..now he has the drums to round out his little music room! :)

My favorite homemade gift is for my best friend.. a/k/a my Ex LOL!! I took some digital photos of actual old black & white photographs of her parents and grandparents that her brother has hanging in his house.. (she has been begging him to make duplicates for her for years now.. but he hasn't )...her mom is the only person still living from these photos... I printed them out in all different sizes and they look as good as the originals... and I have framed them in various antique frames that I have searched for..... they look fabulous.. and she is going to be so happy.... those are the kind of gifts I like to give best... personal ones...

Well.. I am rather chatty tonight aren't I? LOL!! Okay.. i'll shut up now!! Night all!!

kathy

disneynutt1225 said:

:faint: :hug:

Disneynutt- That is terrible. I am very sorry to hear that happened where you work. I can't even imagine what that would be like. :grouphug:

Valentine- Wow. what a lovely and thoughtful gift for your best friend. I bet you can't wait to see her open it. I always want to give gifts like that, but I can never think of something just right. That is perfect though.

Is anyone here out at work? I just started a new job as an Independent Consultant for The Body Shop At Home and I am meeting with my upline next week and I feel like she might ask me if I am single or married or something along those lines. I'm not really sure what I should say since I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to make a big deal about it. I'm also worried it might keep me from getting clients......am I thinking to much into this?

For those of you who don't know about The Body Shop you can check me out here.

Hi everybody! My girlfriend and I will be taking our first vacation together to WDW January 3-10 and I am beyond excited. I'm one of these "plan every minute detail of every day" kind of gals, and have been to the world many times, and just had to drag her along this time. She's only been once, when she was very small.

My family pretty much won't go with me anymore, after I was dubbed the "Disney Nazi" on the last trip. Glad I finally have someone to go with, although I've been forced to promise to lighten up a bit. I agreed, but between you and me, I'd probably be able to tell you the exact point on Splash Mountain that we will be on at 11:23 on January 5.

On another note, has anyone had a same-sex commitment ceremony at WDW?

Thanks for the support, everyone. I'm at work today, and the regional manager came down and told us that there is counceling available for those of us who want to use it. I almost had a breakdown this morning - spent quite a while rehashing everything in my head and crying because I didn't want to come in today. I guess that's normal given the circumstances. As the days pass, it should get easier. I actually had a regular customer come in (who didn't know about the robbery) a few minutes ago and as he was reaching for his checks inside his coat he said "give me the money" in a joking manner. I froze up and said "that's just not even funny" but laughed it off. Apparently I lost all color in my face because my friend ran over and gave me a hug. *sigh* It'll get better....

Sparklie, I would be honest with her should the situation come up, but I can't see it coming into a regular conversation at this point. At this stage of the game, your upline should just be interested in helping you sell the product. Good luck with your new venture! It looks like fun.

disneynutt1225 said:
Luckily, I'm feeling better health wise today. We must have just been kicking up too much dust over the weekend with all the packing so my allergies went haywire.

I'm definitely staying in tonight! I have my glass of wine and my jammies on as we speak.

Disneynutt, that is horrible to say the least! Robbed! I'd probably wet myself had I been there.

When are you guys moving to NY? And whereabouts will you be headed?

Drink a glass of wine for me!

RickinNYC said:
Disneynutt, that is horrible to say the least! Robbed! I'd probably wet myself had I been there.

When are you guys moving to NY? And whereabouts will you be headed?

Drink a glass of wine for me!

I think I drank enough wine for everyone in this thread! LOL.

We're moving at the end of January into my parents house (trying to save money for a house). We'll be in Roslyn (Long Island) just inside the Nassau County border. We'll probably live there for around 2 years and then look for a house in the Queens/Brooklyn area. That's the plan as of now anyway.

WDW Poly Princess said:
SparklieSunShine- that night sky poster is SO cool! What a thoughtful gift!

Thank you! I have been wanting to get it for her for a while, but with this being our 5th year together it seemed right. It really came out beautiful and I highly recommend it as a personal and meaningful gift.

I was worried it wouldn't come out to good because I live on the top of a mountain, but they got one over the lake and you can spot 2 planets on the picture along with the stars. It is just amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter