Gay-friendly Thread!

Thanks guys!

The picture with me was taken while visiting relatives last summer. I think Mark would have been about 7 months at the time. The picture with Will would have been last Chirstmas, (I can tell from my Mom's flower themed guestroom in the background.) So he would have been 2 months at the time. Right now I can only tell times by looking at the background. With a second Chirstmas coming up I don't know how I will be able to tell anymore. I really need to start labeling better.

Malaysia, I love your pictures too! Where is the one in the center taken? You two look beautiful!

Kim, I have always been wondering is Bubba his actual name or a nickname? I have heard of people named Bubba before in the United States, but never here in Canada. I blame the fact I have had a couple glasses of wine, but I have been trying to figure out if it could be the short form for something.

Also, the reason for the wine was the final Amazing Race. I won't give anything away because of time diffrences, but they ccme to my and JoanJet's city of Montreal, Canada. A lot of fun to see on tv, except, I must say, despite what Phil said, LUMBER JACKING IS NOT a popular sport in Canada. Curling = yes. Lumber jacking = no. I have been to every place they showed, including both the luber jack station and the curling club being which are a part of my school. Not a good combination: Noah + reality TV + wine + local setting = me yelling at the tv expecting everyone to hear my tips. Oh well...

True North said:
(Yes, we are those annoying parents that dress the baby only in cloths from the Baby Gap and stuff like that.)

Those pictures are so adorable. Kimberly and I are also destined to be those annoying parents. She works there as a manager and since she gets such a great discount she often buys baby cloths for us to save for when we have a baby. We already have a few boxes full of Baby Gap stuff. It is a sickness! :rotfl: I love Gap though, I can not help it.

Saxton - It doesn't matter if you don't have any of kids or pets. We love pictures on here it seems. Post anything you think we'll all like. I love seeing them!

The Amazing Race actually ended in my town!!!

We were so excited to see it!!!!

Wow!! Dogs and Babies... EVERYONE is Adorable!!!! THanks for sharing everyone... I will get on the bandwagon when I post from home and not my office (where I really should be working instead of re-booking my entire Disney vacation!!) Oh.. Btw.. my dates are now changed BACK to 12/31/05 - 1/9/05... Soooooooo I know a few of us will be there during this time.. shall we organize our little meet???? I am open for any day... NYE?? Perhaps? or any other day that works... I will be there solo and would love to get together for some fun and festivities.... I also will have a car and will be doing some back and forth stuff to Universal if anyone cares to tag along....That's what happens when you have AP's to both!!! LOL!!!

Oh.. I may be able to deliver that DVC dvd in person now!!! LOL!!!

Toss out some ideas....

Kathy

Well I guess I have to get out the camera, pet pics!

One cat has figured out if he gets under the Christmas tree and shakes it, the balls will fall off and he has a new toy!

The other has figured out if he bites a light bulb and pulls, the lights go out and he also has a new toy!

UGH!

Viki.....got any olives? 1. The tree is tilting, or 2. I've had too many beers! :rotfl:

Hey guys! Wow, you all are awesome. I can barely keep up with all the new folk (howdy) and all the new posts. In fact, I really am swamped, because I'm trying to play catch up at work after our 10-day trip to the world and I'm trying to post my trip report, which I'm making some small progress at over on the Trip Reports board.

Anyway, here's my plea: PLEASE come visit my report over there (A Very Merry Christmas Trip Report), because that's where I'm posting photos of the trip, my family, and my "menz" friends, and I really could use some "family" over there. I'm quite sure there are more than a few folk who just aren't getting it :rotfl2:

So far Valentine is keeping me company, but there's strength in numbers!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

OrlandoMike said:
Viki.....got any olives? 1. The tree is tilting, or 2. I've had too many beers! :rotfl:

NO! I'm dry as a desert and I missed the ones you brought me! :guilty:

True North said:
Malaysia, I love your pictures too! Where is the one in the center taken? You two look beautiful!

Thank you :)

That's us on our cruise last December out of Puerto Rico, it was great, Hopefully, we will take a nice picture on our new cruise coming up in 6 days.

I am in panic mode. I haven't started packing yet, I bought two new dresses and I can't find shoes to match, what is a girl to do? :rolleyes: Buy more shoes of course, but I can't find any that I actually like grr.

I've been working 15 hour days between the pre-school and my hotel job, so I haven't had any time to pack, and I am the type of person that brings 45 outfits and 20 pairs of shoes on an 11 day trip :rotfl2: So, I REALLY need to start.

I am loving the pics everyone!

Noah- Bubba is actually a nickname he has had since before he was born! lol His given name is Brendan but we very rarely use that. Mostly for school.

Vicki- I am on my way to check out your trip thread. lol @ they just aren't getting it! :rotfl2: I get that a LOT at work.

Malaysia- I am sending some pixie dust your way :wizard: so that you can have some successful shoe shopping & packing. If you are as anal and last minute as I am you will be just fine! :teeth:
Ok, off to eat dinner!

Hi all!

Viki's report is great! I never venture over to the trip report board, but I think I will have to start now. I can't wait for more updates! You need to remind me every once and a while to head over there.

Malaysia, that is so exciting you will be heading off so soon! I have never taken a cruise. Why do you take them compaired to other types of trips? Will and I have thought about going on one of those "r family" cruises when Mark, (and maybe a brother or sister) gets older to see some other GLTB families. I'm sticking with just planning my trip to Disney right now. :)

Sadly, I only own 5 pairs of shoes so I don't think I can help with your problem. :)

True North said:
Hi all!

Viki's report is great! I never venture over to the trip report board, but I think I will have to start now. I can't wait for more updates! You need to remind me every once and a while to head over there.

Malaysia, that is so exciting you will be heading off so soon! I have never taken a cruise. Why do you take them compaired to other types of trips? Will and I have thought about going on one of those "r family" cruises when Mark, (and maybe a brother or sister) gets older to see some other GLTB families. I'm sticking with just planning my trip to Disney right now. :)

Sadly, I only own 5 pairs of shoes so I don't think I can help with your problem. :)

5 pairs of shoes :faint: I think I would die with only 5 pair of shoes lol, but I am a girlie girl to the extreme. I teach pre-school and I tell my students, it's okay, put your hands in it, get dirty, finger paint whatever, and the kids say, Teacher Malaysia will you do it too? Lol, I just say Teacher Malaysia will just watch sweetie and they ask why, and I admitted to them that I didn't want to get dirty and they said then why do we :rotfl: I guess, I am training the kids to be girlie, I even have boys wearing dresses :rotfl:

Nonetheless, to answer your question.

We cruise because we have a place to sleep with a view, you get lots of great food, entertainment, activities, nice warm weather (it's in the 30's & 40's here, that's cold), you wake up to a new place, lots of yummy cocktails. It's easier to plan your day and you only pay once (unless you gamble, drink and buy stuff) Land vacations, unless they are well planned aren't fun for us. Our last cruise was 7 days and then we spent a week and Puerto Rico after the cruise and wished we were on the ship, we gambled, I did well, SO did horrible but we were bored and we were horrible at speaking spanish, so this year, we will just stay on the ship the entire time and maybe next year, go on a cruise of the Greek Isles or something, unless we move and buy a house in the Tampa area.

You should give cruising a try, if you have the right travel agent and you book far enough in advance, you can get a good rate.

Here are a few pics of Val and our evil, evil cats!

Val & manfriend at California Grill last summer

Gen & Val in Los Angeles last winter

Big Chat & Lil' Chat

Wow! 45 outfits and 20 pairs of shoes! That is a lot. lol. I bet you look amazing ever single moment or your vacation. I take advantage of my ability to wear jeans and a t-shirt on vacation since I have to dress nice at work everyday.

I'm in the True North bunch. I don't own many shoes at all. I own 4 pairs of Birkenstocks (Don't Start!), 2 pairs of Uggs, and then about 3 pairs of payless shoes. That is it for me. I don't think I got hit with the shoe stick because I am pretty much a "girlie girl" in every other way, but my footwear.

Malaysia: I like the way you think! :earsgirl:

I am also a shoe & boot freak! Me and Val have devoted an entire trip to Los Angeles to the pursuit of the perfect boot...

I have learned to pack light (mostly for business purposes), only bringing a rollie carry-on and large purse. This involves Val utilising every inch of space and rolling sweaters into big cigar shapes...but I got all my outfits!

Valentine: will you be in the parks on NYE? We'll be at the Studios...

Hey folks! Great, great pics!

Everybody is pretty great looking!

I'm so glad to see so many new names (and now faces) on this thread. Spread the love dudes and dudettes! Bring on more newbies!

joanjett1976 said:
Malaysia: I like the way you think! :earsgirl:

I am also a shoe & boot freak! Me and Val have devoted an entire trip to Los Angeles to the pursuit of the perfect boot...

I have learned to pack light (mostly for business purposes), only bringing a rollie carry-on and large purse. This involves Val utilising every inch of space and rolling sweaters into big cigar shapes...but I got all my outfits!

Valentine: will you be in the parks on NYE? We'll be at the Studios...

Yes... I am flying in that afternoon.. and plan to hit a park as soon as I arrive... Funny, I was thinking to head to the studios this time around.. I have done EPCOT.. and Would be terrified to try Magic Kingdom!! LOL!!!
I would love to meet up... but wouldn't dream of crashing a romantic NYE... So.. if you want to meet up on NYE that would be great.. but if you would prefer another night we can work that out also! How long will you ladies be down?

Saxton? You heading down 1st week of jan too? I thought I saw that on your siggie....

Anyone else?

Kathy

SparklieSunShine said:
Saxton - It doesn't matter if you don't have any of kids or pets. We love pictures on here it seems. Post anything you think we'll all like. I love seeing them!

I posted the link for all my parasailing photos a while ago ... I was the speck about 500 feet in the air! :rotfl2: Actually I did take a few photos on the last trip but I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to upload them yet. Besides, everyone is so creative and good looking that I have no chance to compete with that!

Malaysia - I like your teaching methods!!! Train those tykes to be neat, clean and always in style. I'm not a shoe person but I guess I am a "suit" person (if there is such a thing) - I have to dress very professionally for work so I'm always on the lookout for new suits (note to self: gotta clean out my closet), but my shoes are usually plain, black pumps (boring)!

Kathy - yes, I'll be down there. I would love to meet up but it might be tough since I'm bringing my mom and 2 nieces. Maybe I can try to slip away for a quick drink ... I hear the Rose and Crown is a good place to meet people . But any place with alcohol is fine with me!

Joan - Is your partners name Val, is it short for something? My partners name is Valencia and I call her Val, how ironic is that!

Sunshine - Wow, lots of birk oh wait, I can't mention that hehe! I hope I look great during the cruise. You see I have this problem, I buy cute pants, jeans, skirts, tops, shirts, whatever and then I have the hardest time matching them together, and that is why I like to wear dresses, you only have to worry about shoes. Most of the time, I beg SO to pick out my clothes so I "know" that I look okay. I LOVE jeans, too, I have way to many, and while I probably should use this as an opportunity to wear my jeans, you can't really wear them all day on a cruise, but trust me a lot will get packed anyway.

Joan: Oh wow, a Boot shopping trip, that must be really fun. I LOVE boots, are you really picky about boots like Catherine Zeta Jones was in the Haunting?

Rick: I can't believe you didn't tell me about this thread!

Kathy: I hope you have lots of fun on your trip.

Sue: Where do you buy your suits? I'm interested in getting some, but I haven't seen a style that I like. I want a sexy suit :) You know, like the kind what's her name Bette wears on the L word. The new season is almost here. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter