Gay-friendly Thread!

had to post again.. cause I didn't want to leave with my post count being three 6's!

LOL!!!

Valentine said:
. Oh.. well.. guess I will have to do a real trip report now.. and I have to catch up on Vik's report.. IF she has continued it!! LOL!!

Well.. i am off... have a great weekend everyone!!

kathy

Yes, you will, by my count you now owe us TWO!

And (sheepishly) no I haven't - I'm still working on a loaner and while they've copied some of my files over on to it somehow 700 disney photos didn't make the cut! :)

ha! Ha! Leave it to you Vik to keep track!! LOL!! I don't think my OLD brain can remember back that far! AND to make matters worse.. we just got the rights to do Ms. Saigon.. so... Auditions start tomorrow night followed by a pretty gruesome rehearsal schedule! UGH!! But.. ah.. gotta love theatre! :)

Kathy

Well, in honor of my 800th Disboard post, and with a dirty martini firmly in my grip, I thought I would reach down and pull the Gay-friendly thread out of obscurity. I couldn't think of a better place to post it.Happy trails, everyone!

Welcome all! Yes, we even have a whole board to post on now, so please check out the other threads!

tallguy said:
Hi all! I'm new here. Thought I might try Disney in Fla. later this winter for the first time. Interested to see that it's gay friendly. I had a terrible experience at another park once.
I assume that park was not a Disney park! Welcome to the gay forum and to the DISboards.

Viki said:
Welcome all! Yes, we even have a whole board to post on now, so please check out the other threads!

OMG, I had no idea! When did that happen?
1%20%28204%29.gif

What the heck happened to my post? I join up, say hello and it gets deleted? What did I say? I demand an apology.

What a bunch of snobs!

And who are you to be changing my avatar? Do you have a problem with Goths? For Gays you're not that tolerant are you? My Goth friends who are straight are more tolerant than you. Even if straight they accept other life styles.

gayminnie said:
And who are you to be changing my avatar? Do you have a problem with Goths? For Gays you're not that tolerant are you? My Goth friends who are straight are more tolerant than you. Even if straight they accept other life styles.

I've e-mailed you privately, let's take this conversation private.

Welcome to all the newbies! :) Nice to see more new faces in the crowd!

Jump on in and get this party/thread started!

Kathy

Welcome Gayminnie. I don't know what the posts were about, but just wanted to say that I think Goths are cool.

Hi, friends, I felt the need to check in and say hi to you all so I thought this might be a good thread to use.

Since my father's funeral and getting back form CT I've been very, very busy with work. Finally, last night, I preached a big, big gig and now I can finally breathe. Alas, just as I finally get a wee bit of freedom, Gwen takes off for a long weekend. I'm proud of her though. She's going to Baltimore to be trained in animal rescue following disasters. She'll be working long, hard days between now and Sunday, but when she comes out on the other end she'll be prepared to be called up to go wherever she's needed. That's my girl. I know we have lots of animal lovers on this board so you all know what a great thing this is.

The kids and I will miss her, and our border collies are already feeling very needy. She's their packmaster and they are not so keen on sharing her with pigs, snakes, and whatever other animal life are hung up.

In the meantime I'm thick in the midst of preparing our August trip to AKL and I've never had it so good. We're staying concierge and all I've have to do is make those oh so hard decisions of whether we want to move from beside the pool on any given evening and then mail in our requests when we decide we do. Ah, that's the life.

So far we're taking both safaris, having our anniversary dinner at Victoria and Alberts, getting together with my family, who all live locally, at Jiko for dinner, making sure we get to the Adventurer's Club at least twice, and we certainly hope to hook up with any of you who will down there during our stay - including Orlando Mike! Of course we also want to spend at least one lost afternoon at Mexico's outdoor cantina, dashing back and forth between margaritas and fast past soarin rides.

Have a good one!

Viki,

Big applause from this animal lover to Gwen, we need more people like her in this world.

Also, had to say how insanely jealous I am that you guys are going to Victoria and Alberts on your anniversary trip, I showed my DP a sample menu the other day and all I got was "hmmm, looks a bit fancy for me" *sigh*, guess I'll have to keep working on her for that one!

Sam

Viki,

It's so wonderful that Gwen is training to do animal rescue - it's something DFi and I have talked about doing, but I don't think I have the gumption to do it. Congratulations to her! I hope you both have a wonderful trip, I'm so jealous!!!

Thanks, guys, you're both right, she is the best and I am one lucky woman to have had her for a partner the last twenty years. We've been through all the usual ups and downs long-term couples survive, but we always come out stronger. We've now reached the time in our lives where our teens are right on the edge of maturity (and are terrific human beings) and so we both feel free to pursue our careers and avocations - both of which take us out of town - more fully. After worship this morning the kids and I saw "V for Vendetta" (or some such title) and caught dinner. Gwen called at some point and said she should be home by 10 PM or so, so the puppies and I are ladies in waiting :)

Yes, even though we are both big disney addicts, we've saved certain experiences for special times. Victoria and Alberts is one we've saved specifically for the 20th anniversary. We figure we'll try the chefs table when we hit 25 years!

Hey, Mike, if you're around I just wanted you to know that I am currently sipping my first peach martini - not a dirty, but not bad.

Is the confetti falling? Are noisemakers blaring? This is, after all, my 1000th post. Yikes. I am soooo proud. And I couldn't think of any better place to post it than the good old gay-friendly thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter