• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gay Days 2011 - Boma Breakfast - Thurs 6/2 @ 9:05 am

chwgmjay

I think your giraffe is being towed.
We have a breakfast reservation at 9:05 am on Thursday the 2nd (Animal Kingdom day) at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

It'd be nifty if anyone that's planning to attend/etc. posted a quick note here w/ the number of people so I have an accurate count. :)

Thanks!

Attending:

1) chwgmjay
2) DopeyDave
3) +1
4) Sphyrna
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)

Boma Info (from allears)

Adults $24.49, Children 3-9 $13.84
Price includes tax - gratuity additional

Special Pricing May Apply During Specific Times of the Year

Boma is a family restaurant serving breakfast and dinner. It will capture the essence of vibrant life in the African marketplace. This family-fun buffet restaurant provides guests the ability to savor the African experience, which has multicultural influences. The restaurant showcases an exhibit kitchen, wood-burning grill and rotisserie.

This is an all you can eat experience, but unlike traditional buffet lines, where you start at one end and work your way across...Boma offers "pods". Each pod has a selection of food and generally a chef nearby to answer questions.

Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, cereal, quinoa, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, pap and wors, and corn beef bobotie.

Breakfast features over 45 different items!

Menu Items Always Subject to Change

Your Choice of Orange Juice or West African Frunch (a combination of lemonade, pineapple juice, guava juice, orange juice, and papaya juice).

Pastries - muffins, breads, almond bear claw, scones, assortment of cream cheeses including sundried tomato, bagels, Danish, and zebra bread

Seasonal Fresh Fruits - cantaloupe, honeydew, mango, papaya, grapes, strawberries, and pineapple.

Dried Fruits including mango, papaya, coconut

Cereals - granola, rice crispies, fruit loops, and raisin bran

Pancakes and Waffles

Omelets made to order with a selection of ingredients.

Sausage and Biscuit Skillet

Bacon and Sausage and Ham

Potatoes with red and green pepper and paprika

Scrambled Eggs

Brioche (like French toast, yummmy! with raisins)

Pap (white corn meal), oatmeal, quinoa porridge; toppings included fruits, brown sugar and cinnamon

Bobotie - corn beef, eggs, cream, potato and onion

Vegetable and Meat Lovers Breakfast Pizza

Cured pork loin

Carved Breakfast Ham

Pressed Pot of Kenyan Coffee - Extra

I will not be attending the breakfast (unless some miracle) I'm not a morning person but will attend the meet at the bar in Africa at noon.

Missing Bacon,
Schotz

We (my partner and I) have it on our schedule. That's two (2) of us definitely planning on being there.

I started a list of attendees... I thought there were more, but maybe not?

Is this an open Brekkie? If so I can ask hubby if he's interested in going. It'll mean an early morning. I'll get back to ya :)

((WOOHOO this is my 3000th post!))

Is this an open Brekkie? If so I can ask hubby if he's interested in going. It'll mean an early morning. I'll get back to ya :)

((WOOHOO this is my 3000th post!))

Yes, this is open to anyone. :)

When's the deadline to say if we are going or not? :)

Considering there's still plenty of spaces, whenever you know you can let me know. :)

Sorry we missed you. We sat there waiting from 8:30 to 9:10, when we finally just put our names in at the desk for a table. Breakfast was good as always, especially the hash! Yum!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter