Gay Days 2010 "20th Anniversary"!!!

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
This will be a big one!

20 years!

Lets start planning now!

We need a big Dis boards meet! :thumbsup2

Hopefully we can get the whole DIS crowd down here next year! Every year we meet a few more folks from these good 'ole GLBT boards, but we really need everyone at once!

Will be a big nada...

We're taking our whole family to Disney in September/October of 2010 (16 of us).

What did you have in mind?

With this much lead time, we could probably do something really cool.

Just bring a few bottles of booze and drink out of paper sacks while going back and forth on the ferry to the Magic Kingdom?

"Tailgate" in the MK parking lot with outdoor grills and coolers full of beer?

Cocktail reception someplace?

Dessert party at Epcot for Illuminations viewing?

Dessert party at the Grand Floridian for Wishes viewing?

Rent a Pleasure Island night club for a private party?

Book a 3 bedroom Grand Villa for a mix and mingle hospitality suite?

Just bring a few bottles of booze and drink out of paper sacks while going back and forth on the ferry to the Magic Kingdom?

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: Those all sound good....

Any of these sound better. If we are successful this month, I think a trip to WDW with a 3 month old is a fine idea! What better way to start raising my child with acceptance and love? :goodvibes

I would be happy to transfer over a few points to go in on that last one as well....

I was thinking of the grand villa idea, and Turkygurl suggested maybe renting Atlantic Dance, since it's a great facility and not very busy. We could even promote it and sell tickets :goodvibes

I was thinking of the grand villa idea, and Turkygurl suggested maybe renting Atlantic Dance, since it's a great facility and not very busy. We could even promote it and sell tickets :goodvibes

You're looking at around Ten Thousand Dollars minimum to rent Atlantic Dance (which would be location rental and F&B minimums). And that would only be available on Sunday or Monday.

Speaking as one of the guys that had the Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding Reception there, I have the numbers on that venue memorized. :rotfl:

I think the Grand Villa option or Epcot Dessert Party option would be a better fit for us, honestly.

Dessert parties run right around $50 per person if I recall correctly.

The Grand Villa optioin is much more variable cost wise.

Yes, yes, and yes!!!!

Tailgating in the MK lot sounds freaking awesome..(ok from a straight guy's point of view, it's like warming up for the super bowl...whatever lol)

I'm thinking we'll have to come in on Wednesday in 2010 :goodvibes

Hey even if we can't rent out ADC, we know we can take it over!! :cool1:

Just checked with my security source....

Tailgating in the parking lot is a big no no! :sad2:

Hey even if we can't rent out ADC, we know we can take it over!! :cool1:

I wonder if it would be possible to reserve just the upper section of ADH for a private party on one of the nights they're open. That way we'd have the best of both worlds. A little bit private, and a fully functioning night club. :scratchin

Just checked with my security source....

Tailgating in the parking lot is a big no no! :sad2:

Well to be fair, the tailgating suggestion and drinking out of paper sacks on the ferry suggestion were made in jest. :rotfl2:

Well to be fair, the tailgating suggestion and drinking out of paper sacks on the ferry suggestion were made in jest. :rotfl2:

I would hope so!

Everyone knows you mix your "sauce" with a dole whip! :thumbsup2

Dude just have a laugh...it feels good

Oh trust me, I have a story about my security "source" that would have you in stitches! Ask me some day how he almost ended up in Disney jail! :lmao:

Oh trust me, I have a story about my security "source" that would have you in stitches! Ask me some day how he almost ended up in Disney jail! :lmao:

and from an anecdote I heard from a certain DIS-er/CM...apparently much of the security force would be more than happy to join said tailgating party!! (again...if it were "legal") :banana:

Did you know a baby bottle full of vodka looks exactly like a baby bottle full of water? :rolleyes1

In case anyone was wondering how to go about adding their alcohol tot heir Dole Whip.

Did you know a baby bottle full of vodka looks exactly like a baby bottle full of water? :rolleyes1

In case anyone was wondering how to go about adding their alcohol tot heir Dole Whip.

::yes::

Yep. I knew that one. And a lipton iced tea bottle is good camouflage for bourbon! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter