gay day????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why someone just can't ask a simple question and then get a simple answer. Really. Why must people crucify the OP if they don't agree with how she worded her question ? :confused3

For all anyone knows, she may WANT to go DURING gay days.....you don't know. She didn't say she wanted to stay away....she said she wanted to make a decision that was right for her family. Whether or not she agrees with a certain lifestyle should not be brought into play. This is a mother trying to raise a family and she asked a simple question. She's not looking for a lesson in tolerance.

To the OP, I don't have an answer to your question, but I hope you have a very nice trip no matter when you choose to go. :grouphug:

Can we all have at least one "show some love" day on the boards? Life is just WAY too short.:flower3:

Ok. i honestly thought these boards were for questions. I did not intentionally post twice. I wrote post on my touch screen Droid. It was done on accident. People can choose theit own life style. Thats the joy of freedom. Im not here to judge nor do I care too. Shame on those of you making more of this than what it needed to be. I wish someone could have answered the question without the drama

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I've heard that Gay Days don't dramatically increase crowds levels or line waits. Can anyone comment on that? Did you notice a huge pick-up in the crowds?

No matter what anyones opinion is of this topic, just WHAT does this post add to the discussion??????????? (11 Question marks)

probably nothing, THIS one however.....well..adds nothing either but it's still funny...
popcorn.gif

I have seen overt sexual behavior from heterosexual couples more often. Just be prepared to answer questions from your kids (in regards to ****/heterosexual relationships) in a way that you feel comfortable with. What you see in "real life" is also what you see at Disney parks.

Edited to add that I can't believe I can type heterosexual but the opposite is starred out ???????

amen to this,preach on;)

I've heard that Gay Days don't dramatically increase crowds levels or line waits. Can anyone comment on that? Did you notice a huge pick-up in the crowds?

I'll respond to this.

I went for my first Gay Days last year. I was nervous because I'd never gone in the summer months before AND I hate crowds.

I was sooooooooo pleasantly surprised. The wait times for rides weren't bad at all. In fact, I thought they were better than when I'd gone in February. Waits for CS were good as well. What I liked best, however, is that the park is open so wonderfully late on some nights. Not being a morning person I adored this luxury.

I had a GREAT time.

lol. I know. They are better than all of us. 10 question marks is OK. 11 means Sarcasm

? = a simple question
?? = a confusing question
??? = a stupid question
???? = a stupid person with a simple question
????? = a stupid person with a confusing question
?????? = a stupid person with a stupid question
??????? = a confusing stupid person witha simple question
???????? = a confusing stupid person with a stupid question
????????? = a confusing stupid person with a confusing question
?????????? = an okay question
??????????? = a snarky question

i think this deserves a sticky

My hackles get raised when people are still using words like "choice" and "lifestyle". Sorry folks, it's who we were made to be. So if you can say I'm "choosing" to be how god made me and call it a "lifestyle", then I should be allowed to say you're "choosing" to live your "lifestyle"...yet I'd be crucified for that.

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree with those who have said they hope you're as prepared to answer questions about hetero PDA behavior as I've consistently seen FAR more of that wherever I go out in public than I've seen PDAs with same-gender couples.

One time I went to WDW and there was a Brazilian pop warner kid who was gay and I felt bad knowing everyone hated him for being in wdw

:upsidedow

However, I did go on Gay Day at Universal Studios Hollywood. Explaining to kids why dozens of grown men are wearing dresses and making out in exhibition style at the front gates wasn't fun. Obviously the Disney gay community is different than Universals!

Hmm. If DS asked a question, I'd answer...possible answers..."like we've talked about, some men love men (like your uncle does, as you know) and some women love women, just like other men love women and other women love men. Sometimes people like to wear clothes that might surprise you but clothes are just clothes. And people kiss each other because they like and love each other in a kissy way." ("kissy way" is the goofy thing I've been saying to differentiate like/love in a family or friend way...from questions after recent Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers shows) Doesn't seem fun OR un-fun to me. Much easier than describing physics or "why do babies have a wire from their belly buttons" (today's question) or figuring out what curriculum to use for 1st grade homeschooling! :)

Once DS learns to read everything, I'm sure we'll have "fun" with shirts on all sorts of people. Plenty of nasty t-shirts out there worn by people of all sorts of orientations... I think I'm up to the challenge, though.

We are planning a trip for may 27 through June 2. Can someone tell me when gay days starts at the resorts and parks? Its nothing against anyone, we just need to do what is best for our family. Thanks

what the eff does that mean? the best thing for your family to do is rekidnize that gay is here to stay. You betta aks somebody.

My hackles get raised when people are still using words like "choice" and "lifestyle". Sorry folks, it's who we were made to be. So if you can say I'm "choosing" to be how god made me and call it a "lifestyle", then I should be allowed to say you're "choosing" to live your "lifestyle"...yet I'd be crucified for that.

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree with those who have said they hope you're as prepared to answer questions about hetero PDA behavior as I've consistently seen FAR more of that wherever I go out in public than I've seen PDAs with same-gender couples.

I "choose" not to go to WDW during Gay Days because God made me to believe that it's not something I agree with or support. If I did happen to be there by some mistake I wouldn't have to explain such PDAs to my kids because God made them the same way. That's my opinion and my belief - take it as you may.

I haven't seen one of these threads in a while. What's the over-under on when it gets shut down?

Met my DH standing in line at BTMRR Gay Day weekend (neither of us knew about it when we booked the trips)....and he was wearing RED! I kept saying to myself..."why are all the good ones GAY?!?" He wasn't gay, he IS a good one and we married three years ago.

Yea Gay Day Weekend!

One more chuckle......

I have a reasonably uptight cousin who belongs to a VERY uptight church.....no flames, her choice.

Anyway......their church choir raised $$$$ to take the youth group trip to WDW. (you know where this is going). Someone thought it would be a GREAT idea for everyone to wear matching teeshirts so someone had something special printed on RED shirts.....and they wore them the day they arrived.....at the MK Gay Day weekend!

Lets just say it was a trip they will never forget!

You know what.....I found very few people there that weekend with adgenda's they brought into the parks. What I found were people who were having a great time with friends and family. No difference than other weekends I have visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter