Gatwick question

pauldents

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Hilton at Gatwick south terminal tommorow night and don't really wan't to eat in the Hotel.

My question is :- Is it possible to go airside, into the secure areas at Gatwick without our boarding cards and then return to the hotel.?

Many Thanks

Paul

I think the simple answer is no. You need a valid boarding card to go airside and once there I don't think you are allowed out again.

I'm sure Tim is right - you can't go airside without a boarding card.

However....... I'm sure there are plenty of places you could eat landside if you didn't want to eat in the hotel.

paul

you will not be able to go air side at gatwick untill the day of your flight
but you can go from the hilton hotel over to the airport and at the back of the check in area there are stairs that will take you up to the gatwick village where there is a large selection of shops bars coffee shops and places to eat
you should find what you are looking for up there

take a look here it has a list of some of the places landside

http://www.airwise.com/airports/europe/LGW/LGWST_04.html

Just to echo the above, NO you can't go airside but Gatwick village is a pleasant enough place to have a bite to eat & a drink. Been to the weatherspoons on many an occasion :)

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise there was so many restaraunts airside. Looks like we will be paying Planet Hollywood a visit.

regards

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter