• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gatwick - Orlando BA 777

megaelch

European Outpost
Hi folks.. i am going by British Airways from Gatwick to Orlando on sept 13th and they will use their 777 Boeing.. any recommendations on good seats with additional space in economy ???? Thanks for your advice and if possible pls drop me a PM :-)

Stephan

Stephan

We fly from Gatwick to Tampa in Novemebr on a BA777.

They inform us that NO Orlando/Tampa flights have first class...so the Without First Class thread from TraceyL gives you the info you need.

We are also informed by BA that they will only allocate exit seats ( more leg room ) on the day.

Not what you wanted to hear, probably!

Stiil , give them a chase -up, you might be lucky.

mike230652

Yup,

Just back from BA LG/MCO on the 777.

Just to confirm that it's 3 - 3 - 3 in cattle class - the better leg room went those needing a sky-cot and people with crutches etc.

BONZO

Before we decide that we need to :

A......Borrow a baby from someone!! or

B.....Me to break my leg

please tell us that cattle class isn't too bad on the BA777 !!!

Mind you, since Club Class was over £2 K each there wasn't really an alternative LOL!!

mike230652

Flew out in April on the 777 and found it reasonably comfortable (I'm 6' 1").

I did notice that the 'wings' on the headrest made it easier to sleep, - they stop your head rolling around and you don't do 'nodding dog' impressions!!

Hi Mike

Not bad at all - pretty comfortable as far as 9 hour flights go!

Food was good and so was the entertainment.

It's a bit of a relief that the cattle class on the BA777 isn't too bad. Im on the BA Gatwick to Orlando on 25/9. On the twice i have been to Orlando before i have been shoehorned into the seats of Airtours and Britannia so if there is even a wee bit more room then i will be delighted.

Alison and StuartPaul

.....thanks for the comments, I now hold out some hope!!

fester..I have to agree re: Britannia flights, Douglas Bader would have struggled with their seats.

mike230652

For a chart showing all the average seat pitches try www.ebookers.com

Currently BA is showing 31" and Virgin Atlantic 30".

Note the use of 'average' though. This can vary from one aircraft to another and also at different parts of the same aircraft. Just a guide only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter