Gatorland

Pixie_Dust

DIS Veteran
Just wanted everyone to know, we recently got back from vacation, and Gatorland was the attraction that we felt was totally worth the money (granted it costs half what the other parks do!) The folks there put on very entertaining shows (with very attractive young men, hey I'm a girl so sue me!), and some of the areas in the back (Croc hunt, swamp walk, etc.) seem fairly new and very nice (and wheelchair accessable btw). We did not eat the gator bbq or nuggets, though! Lots of photo ops and wildlife of course -- wild birds in addition to the animals on display.

Speaking of birds, to feed the lorikeets, they give you twice the amount of nectar at 2/3 the cost compared to Cypress Gardens (or was that Busch Gardens, my mind is a blur!), although when you try to get them out of your hair they latch on with their strong beaks, which hurts and leaves a mark -- practically broke skin -- plus the danger of being pooped on, so you have been warned! :D

Even the gift shop on the way out is nice. You could buy the same super cool hat the trainers wear, get cool T-shirts, sample/buy fudge, or get a discounted frozen coffee drink.

Cheers :)

tink08.gif

Thanks for the info. I haven't been in 12 years and it sounds like they have added quite a bit, will check it out!

Jenn

Where is it? How far from Orlando? How much time did you spend there?

We love GatorLand. we spent 1/2 a day there on our last day. We were there all morning, had lunch(DH ate gator nuggets!) and left for the airport around 2.

supermom.gif

We found out that they feed the gators special food to get them bigger so that they can kill them to make things out of them. I was disappointed to learn this because I wanted to go and see them. I am pro-animal though and will never support people who are cruel to animals.

DisOrBust,
It is very close to WDW, in the Kissimmee direction. Theri web site will give you exact directions. They bill themselves as the best half day attraction, and their shows are scheduled so that you can either spend the morning or the afternoon and catch them all.

cntrydncegrl,
Do you mean Gatorland kills their gators for merchandise? They seemed more like a zoo to me. But I did mention they sell gator bbq, and that notion did not sit well with me. They aren't endangered anymore, but it seems as ironic as selling fish at an aquarium's restaurant!

Cheers :)

tink08.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter