gatorland or airboat?

LovinPooh

DIS Veteran
I want to do something alligator related. I dont want to go to far off the path from orlando. Dont want to deal with tolls. I read some places there r only ezpass. I looked up boggy creek... but not so sure. I really want to hold one lol. Any input on either? Any better airboat rides? Gatorland worth it?
I appreciate any input at all :)

We are in the same "boat" as you. My brother in law said to go to Christmas, FL and ride an airboat ride....said we wouldn't regret it. He couldn't remember the name of it but it was 60 minutes long. When he sends me the link, I will update my post here unless someone else comes along first :).

If you want something a little different that isn't horribly far from Disney, there are EcoSafari rides at Forever Florida that are amazing. http://www.foreverflorida.com/

When I went down there a few years ago, it was amazing how much wildlife (and yes, including gators) I saw out there, and because it has an ecology slant to it, it doesn't feel like a tourist trap,

We did BOTH Gatorland and an airboat tour on Boxing Day 2012. I have tons of pictures and lots of information about both experiences in my trip report here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415&page=4

Gatorland begins at the last post on page 4 (we visited there in the morning), then Wild Willy's Airboats in St. Cloud follow thereafter. They were a nice compliment to each other, and a nice respite from the massive holiday crowds that were elsewhere in the Orlando area.

Wild Willy's staff gave us excellent directions that got us there with no tolls :thumbsup2 . The drive was very easy. At Wild Willy's, the boats only hold a max of 7, so they said that if you have four or more in your family, you would most likely get a private tour. Our family of 3 shared with another family of 3. Staff were fabulous, giving us postcards, snail shells, and fresh picked oranges from their tree as we departed. They have two 2-year-old gators inside the little store that you can hold and take photos of after your tour.

Both are very different attractions, and very worthy in their own right. We snagged an excellent deal on Livingsocial for the airboat tickets, paying only $55 for our family for a one-hour tour (regular price was $110 for three people). Lots of great deals to be found for Gatorland as well, including a buy one admission, get one free in the Entertainment Book.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I will do my best to answer them :) ,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter