Gate prices for tickets

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
Where can I find the gate prices for tickets? Specifically, the 4 day park-to - park tickets?
I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it for me to purchase an AP. In terms of the room discount, the difference with and without not quite pays for the AP. I know that the AP will get you a discount on tickets at the gate (15% I believe?), but I don't know what the original gate price is. Depending on what it is, it might be cheaper to buy them online. In addition, I'm not crazy about having to activate the AP by going through the gate, then buying the other tickets and then how do I get them to my family who is waiting outside the gate? Do I have to go back out and wait in line again to get back in? :confused3

Where can I find the gate prices for tickets? Specifically, the 4 day park-to - park tickets?
I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it for me to purchase an AP. In terms of the room discount, the difference with and without not quite pays for the AP. I know that the AP will get you a discount on tickets at the gate (15% I believe?), but I don't know what the original gate price is. Depending on what it is, it might be cheaper to buy them online. In addition, I'm not crazy about having to activate the AP by going through the gate, then buying the other tickets and then how do I get them to my family who is waiting outside the gate? Do I have to go back out and wait in line again to get back in? :confused3
Online prices are $20.00 off gate price and the AP discount for multi-day tickets is 15% off gate price. The online price should not be cheaper than the AP discount on these tickets...if my math is correct. If you purchase your AP at the window, you can purchase the additional tickets with the AP discount instead of having to enter and then come back out. If you purchase the AP ahead of time, you will have to activate the pass first and then purchase the additional tickets.

The online price of the four day park to park ticket is $155.99 so the gate price would be $175.99. Take 15% off the gate price and you will see the AP discounted price.

Thank you. I should have clarified, I was thinking of purchasing though UT. Their price includes tax, while the online tickets through Universal have tax added, so that $159.99 price becomes $168.22. I'm assuming the tickets bought at the gate will also have tax added, so now I'm estimating that we're talking roughly $190. If that is correct,then the AP discount would bring it to about $161.50, still more then I could get them for through UT. And I would be buying 6 tickets, so those few dollars actually add up. Am I figuring that wrong?

Okay I guess I have answered my own question. Looking at the Loews website now, the prices actually have gone up slightly (non- AP rate), so it looks like I would still be saving about $50 by purchasing the AP and getting the AP room rate. So it really doesn't matter about purchasing the other tix, I'll do that whichever way is cheaper. Then, the AP will still give me discounts on food and purchases at the park, so it seems like that's the way to go! Thanks for your help. ;)

Thank you. I should have clarified, I was thinking of purchasing though UT. Their price includes tax, while the online tickets through Universal have tax added, so that $159.99 price becomes $168.22. I'm assuming the tickets bought at the gate will also have tax added, so now I'm estimating that we're talking roughly $190. If that is correct,then the AP discount would bring it to about $161.50, still more then I could get them for through UT. And I would be buying 6 tickets, so those few dollars actually add up. Am I figuring that wrong?

Gate price is 175.99

AP price is 175.99 x .85 = 149.59

plus tax....149.59 x 1.065 =159.32

The prices that they show online in the chart are before taxes.

Okay I guess I have answered my own question. Looking at the Loews website now, the prices actually have gone up slightly (non- AP rate), so it looks like I would still be saving about $50 by purchasing the AP and getting the AP room rate. So it really doesn't matter about purchasing the other tix, I'll do that whichever way is cheaper. Then, the AP will still give me discounts on food and purchases at the park, so it seems like that's the way to go! Thanks for your help. ;)
:thumbsup2

Can I buy one AP pass online and at the same time buy other tickets with the discount? :confused3

I am thinking that one AP pass and then 15% discount on 10 other tickets would be a good deal, especially as we would like to get the three park pass.

What is the AP y'all are talking about?
Annual Pass.

Can I buy one AP pass online and at the same time buy other tickets with the discount? :confused3

I am thinking that one AP pass and then 15% discount on 10 other tickets would be a good deal, especially as we would like to get the three park pass.
You can't purchase additional park tickets for the AP discount online unless your AP has already been activated. Passholders can only purchase six additional tickets per AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter