Gastric Sleeve--anyone?

RachelsMommie

Bring Back the Cookie Boat!
I usually hang out on the Budget and Dining boards, but I'm considering getting the gastric sleeve (where they remove 70% of your stomach). Has anyone here had it done? What was your experience with it?

Thanks so much! You guys are so inspiring!

Kristi

I usually hang out on the Budget and Dining boards, but I'm considering getting the gastric sleeve (where they remove 70% of your stomach). Has anyone here had it done? What was your experience with it?

Thanks so much! You guys are so inspiring!

Kristi

My friend did have the surgery done.He also now weights more then before the surgery. :confused3 He didnt learn how to eat correctly so the surgery didnt fix his problem. He lost 100 pounds and gained it all back and then some.

A neighbor of mine had it done. She has lost about 150 lbs over the past 2 yrs. Her biggest problem is that she still has a really hard time keeping food of any sort down. My other neighbor who had regular gastric bypass about 6 weeks later has lost about 100 lbs and isn't anywhere near as sick as the neighbor who had the gastric sleeve.

That said, I think the person best able to help you make your decision should be your Dr. That is who has the medical info necessary to help you choose the right surgery for you. I do think that any surgery can be successful for you if you are willing to change the relationship you have with food. The surgery is a tool to use in your weight loss journey and each type of surgery currently available has it's share of successes & failures. It's that change in the role of food in your life that the surgery will help you achieve that will make the difference in the long run.

Good luck with whatever you choose, and stick around here to let us know how you are doing & support you on your weight loss journey, wherever it may take you.

Nancy

Ultimately, this is a Doctor/Patient discussion

http://www.hulu.com/watch/180167/the-biggest-loser-week-2 Look at Minute 23:20 for an impartial medical viewpoint on gastric surgery…

As a trainer and a century loser I am not a fan of these 'fixes' I have found folks in the gym who are back to where they started. Unless you are willing to change your habits, you may not have a healthy result.

Weight loss surgery like gastric sleeve surgery have become very common and very safe now. My cousin has lost more than 65 lbs in 5 months and is very happy with the results. The price for obesity surgery is very less in India. I have known many that have had this surgery and just like any type of weight loss surgery it depends on the person on whether you succeed.

I was sleeved 7/13/2010 and it was the best thing I could have ever done. That being said WLS isn't for everyone... it is a tool. I now eat very healthy and work out a lot. This is a life style change for me and I am sticking to it. I think that if you are ready to make the commitment do it. I had absolutely zero complications (except a minor allergic reaction to some medication early on).

I have lost 93 pounds so far (including pre-op diet) and I feel great but I work very very hard and my diet is very managed with the help of a nutritionist.

PM me if you have specific questions and I'll do my best to give you my opinion. :yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter