gasc vs ck convention

peapod1

Earning My Ears
hey, wondering which one I should go to. gasc is coming to my area and the ck is in valley forge... which one is better? Any benifits to volunteering? I did notice both say that volunteers will not receive class kits. Any feedback on either one? thanks

I'm not sure I'm going to be much help here, but I'll try.

I've been to the GASC in Arlington, TX many times. I believe it is their original convention. It's big! It has a lot of classes and a huge show floor with lots of make-and-takes. But I guess this could all vary from one location to another. The crops are also huge affairs, but lots of fun.

I hate to say anything negative, but I think the woman that organizes GASC is pretty ditzy. She's nice, but very disorganized. For example, one year they had a paper doll contest. I made a paper doll that I could use on a scrapbook page I was working on. At the end, she begged us to leave our paper dolls so she could have them photographed. I told her I wanted to use mine, so she said for me to put my name and address on the back and she'd mail it to me. I saw them on display later with several thumbtacks through them. :furious: But I thought I could hide the holes somehow and use it anyway. Unfortunately, that was probably three years ago and it never came. Neither did my friend's paper doll. That's just one example. She is ditzy and forgets. I'm sure it's not malicious, but the disorganization shows. I really wonder how she's managed to make GASC grow with some of the things I've seen. Although, I still keep going back. :teeth: This year they are having a convention in Plano, TX. I'm thinking I may try that one, but it may be a bit smaller.

Personally, unless it was a class that I felt I could learn by just listening, I wouldn't volunteer. The packet of goodies is the best part of most classes. Of course if it was the only way I could attend, I might go ahead.

CK had their first Oklahoma convention last year in Tulsa, but I didn't get to go. From what I hear it was smaller than the GASC in Arlington, too. But many of the classes had the same titles as at GASC. I'd like to try that one out, as well. It's only a couple hours away so I'd love that.

If you try them both out, report back. Inquiring minds want to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter