Gas - What did it cost you?

WDWFromTheirEyes

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious with everyone talking about gas prices these days, what did it cost you on your last trip to the fort? What was your miles per gallon?:scared:

I have a mega cab with a HEMI, avg. mpg was about 16 mpg. Total miles down and back was about 2050 and cost around $500.00 for mid grade.

just got back....

approx 1400 miles each way I spent just under 1100 dollars round trip
towing a starcraft 215SB antigua with a new trailblazer
trailer travel weight 3889 (weighed at scale loaded less water)
got around 11 mpg with trailblazer

My friend from work just got back and he spent about $600 roundtrip from Windsor, Ontario Canada to Orlando.

$1000 round trip without the local driving. Pulled a pop up from Iowa. About 12 1/2 mpg with the Full size van loaded! Hopefully it will be cheaper next year:confused3

$695 for 234 gals covering 2700 miles in 2007 so this year I'm budgeting $4.50/gal so this year should be close to $1050. That includes probably an extra 25 gal or so on my first fill up since I never have a full tank starting out and don't get it filled until about 75 miles from home. Also, we tend to drive a lot at WDW like 6 RTs to the Airport.

What's really depressing I was working up a trip to Alaska and back and over 75 days the mileage just between stops would be 10,500 and I figured another 4,500 non towing so at 10.5 mpg towing and 13 to 15 (14avg.) not towing that's 1,000 gal plus 321 for a total of say 1300 gal and at $5/gal that's $6,500 in fuel alone :scared1: :eek:

Larry

Last year = $1500.00
This year = $2100.00 "projected"
A whopping 5-6 miles to the gallon.

Wow that just what it should be and the projected for this year since I get about twice the mpg as you and it was almost $700 last year and this year I'm estimating $1050.

Larry

The best part of it is everyone asks howm much for fuel and then tells me I could fly down and back for $300-$400 dollars.
But they arent RV people and dont understand.

I believe it cost approx $400 - $500 pulling a TT in '06. We're planning on approximately $1000 this time around.

Loaded down mini van with no camper from Allegany County MD. Gas prices at the time were $2.69 or so. Cost us $100 down and $100 back.

The best part of it is everyone asks howm much for fuel and then tells me I could fly down and back for $300-$400 dollars.

I get a little better mpg (7.5) on gas (not diesel) but I get the same comments from family and friends, "you could fly first class and stay in at Grand Floridian for that!" And, by time you consider the fuel, insurance, maintenance, taxes, and purchase price, it's probably true; I could travel first class instead of like cousin Eddy. But like you said, they aren't RVers and also, I can't take my dogs to the Grand Floridian. And my wife WILL NOT board the dogs. So the comparison is not first class and Grand Floridian vs Fort Wilderness, it is between sitting at home or vacationing at Disney! I choose the later :yay:

We got back last Friday. The numbers are:

Gas - $991
Gallons - 273.431
Avg. gas cost - $3.62
Highest cost per gallon paid - $3.79 at the WDW Car Care Center Hess
Lowest cost per gallon paid - $3.49 at the Flying J, Latta, SC (It cost $3.65 on the trip down)
Miles - 1958
Approximate miles per gallon - 7.16
Approximate cost per mile - $0.506

It's a good thing I budgeted more for gas. Although, when looking at the numbers it's only about $220 more than last year.

Hi all here is the basic xcl formula I use. I break my cost on a daly basis, but you can us this in several ways. If you have never entered a formula into excel post the entire string. equals (600) is the miles (/) divided (8) MGP (*) time (3.5) cost per gallon. you can set this up where a particular cell represent a cost. so instead of 3.5, you could use a5. then in a5 cell you could put the cost. this way you can change just the cell and not the whole formula.

Excel formula
=(600/8)*3.5

BTW - at 4 1248 @ 3.5 1092. Cost will be late oct/nov2008. Hopefully no huricanes

Hi all here is the basic xcl formula I use. I break my cost on a daly basis, but you can us this in several ways. If you have never entered a formula into excel post the entire string. equals (600) is the miles (/) divided (8) MGP (*) time (3.5) cost per gallon. you can set this up where a particular cell represent a cost. so instead of 3.5, you could use a5. then in a5 cell you could put the cost. this way you can change just the cell and not the whole formula.

Excel formula
=(600/8)*3.5

BTW - at 4 1248 @ 3.5 1092. Cost will be late oct/nov2008. Hopefully no huricanes

Why not just use a hand held calculator like I have in my Van to do mpgs, etc. ... no computer needed it's a simple math formula that can be done in your head if you're just getting close. Like 1200 miles at 10mpg is 120 gals times the cost of gas/fuel per gal. :confused3

BTW I have no idea what "at 4 1248 @ 3.5 1092" means :confused3

Larry

BTW I have no idea what "at 4 1248 @ 3.5 1092" means :confused3

I think he means that at $4 per gallon it will cost $1248 and at $3.50 per gallon it will cost $1092. Or I could be wrong.

$300 -$400 to fly
Extra for baggage

$1000 for fuel to haul RV
Sleep in your own bed
See the country
Bring 10 pairs of shoes & 7 cases of water
PRICELESS

It cost us about $900 in April for a 2500 mile round trip, we get about 9.5 mpg with our suburban pulling our 26 foot trailer... no comments that it's cheaper to fly for my family of 7.

when we went last year it cost us about 1100.00 in gas from central nj to fortlauderdale for a wedding then up to disney then back to central nj but this year i just need to get to disney and home so hopefully gas shouldn't be much more since we are minus that 3-4 hr each way trip to fortlauderdale right know gas around here is about 3.45 cash or about 3.55 credit hope it keeps dropping my dodge has the hemi and pulling the 32 ft camper gets about 9 mpg just have to press easy on the pedal it will drink it if you push to hard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter