Gas Stations in FL

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
i am planning to get gas cards before we go, this way the money is allocated and i will not have to worry about it, all i need to know is are there speedways and BP gas stations in fl the orlando, tampa, kissimme, lbv areas

MS Streets & Trips is showing 19 BP and 7 Speedways within 10mi of Orlando. Several also appear in/near Tampa.

Lots of Hess stations in the LBV Orlando Kissimmee area. Not as many BP.

Anne

Plenty of BP and Speedway stations, but the two stations on Disney property are both Hess. If Hess has gas cards, I would recommend getting a few of them for gas used during your time at WDW and for filling up the tank before you leave; the on-site Hess stations are actually several cents cheaper than the other stations just off-site! I know that's hard to believe, and it was not always so, but it has been so for the past year or two.

WillCAD said:
Plenty of BP and Speedway stations, but the two stations on Disney property are both Hess. If Hess has gas cards, I would recommend getting a few of them for gas used during your time at WDW and for filling up the tank before you leave; the on-site Hess stations are actually several cents cheaper than the other stations just off-site! I know that's hard to believe, and it was not always so, but it has been so for the past year or two.

It's because of the deal they get from their supplier--I know this for a fact.

Anne

ducklite said:
It's because of the deal they get from their supplier--I know this for a fact.

Anne
The three Hess stations on property are company owned and operated. The are owned by Amerada Hess Corporation.

What facts do you know?

ALL SPEEDWAY LOCATIONS SOUTH OF KY WERE BOUGHT OUT AND NO LONGER EXIST. Check the Speedway website for current locations and prices. The southernmost Speedway is exit 25 on I75, and in Bowling Green on I65.

There seem to be quite a few Shell stations heading south-also many Pilot truck stops.

We also live in Illinois and bought $200 in BP cards before we left, GREAT idea and worked well, never having a problem..

We filled up at a BP in Lake City on the way to Orlando, then on the way home filled up as we left, using a BP on RT 27, just north of 192..

I don't know if this is still true, but when we drove down last year (and in 2004), gas was much less expensive in Georgia. We filled up at the Georgia border and had enough gas to drive to WDW, did some driving while we were there, and drove back to Ga. before we filled up again. Just a thought.

NJBlackBerry said:
The three Hess stations on property are company owned and operated. The are owned by Amerada Hess Corporation.

What facts do you know?

Where is the third Hess station on property? I only knew about the one on Buena Vista Drive and the one at the Car Care center.

Jon99 said:
We also live in Illinois and bought $200 in BP cards before we left, GREAT idea and worked well, never having a problem..

We filled up at a BP in Lake City on the way to Orlando, then on the way home filled up as we left, using a BP on RT 27, just north of 192..

Thanks, this is exactly what i want to do, this way, all the vacation money we have is for vacation, thanks again

My only suggestion, do not buy a bunch of $25 cards, just get a couple of $100 cards.. If you buy $23.12 in gas and use a $25 card, your next stop you will need to process that card, pump $1.88 in gas, put the pump away and then process another card..

We have a Jeep Liberty and live in Kankakee County, took a pair of $100 cards and they paid for all but about $20...

WillCAD said:
Where is the third Hess station on property? I only knew about the one on Buena Vista Drive and the one at the Car Care center.
Car Care Center; near The Boardwalk, and across from Downtown Disney.

Instead of buying gas cards for particular brands, how about buying American Express (or Visa/Mastercard) Gift Cards. They work just as well and you don't have to search for a particular gas station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter