Gas prices effecting anyones trip?

Reagan 5,
Kennedy 3,
McKinley 8 months

Interesting, they're all presidents who were either assassinated or nearly assassinated.

Is the next one Garfield or Lincoln?

We are leaving for WDW on March 31, and the drive is about 24 hours for us. We are coming from Toronto Canada - I have to say that your gas prices are still cheaper then ours- we pay about 85 cents per litre and there are just about 4 litres in a gallon - it would be 3.40 CDN for a gallon. The exchange rate is at about 80 c give or take ( I exchanged when it was 85 cents at Xmas) :banana: so it still cheaper in the US even with the exchange - So I am excited to fill up on the other side of the border.

The grass is after all always greener on the other side!

Tink&Cinderella

ebarj1098 said:
Gas here is $2.27 now. Yikes! I'm hoping that I'll hit some "cheap" spots on the way down!

We are in the same boat... We decided to fly as $700 r/t for four was cheaper than the gas and hotels would be... I'm hoping it will start to go down now that it is $2.27 a gallon... I commute 30 miles each way to work and it's starting to get ridiculous!

IT'S NOW UP TO $2.39 PER GALLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DebIreland said:
I just clicked on this thread to get a general idea of petrol (gas) costs in the U.S. because we might be hiring a car for a few days of our holiday in WDW. Wow! I understand that a price increase is always a worry but I just need to share that I'm shocked at how cheap petrol is in the U.S. *compared* to here. I know that doesn't matter in the general scheme of things and it's all relative, but hey it might make you all feel better. lol! Here in Ireland we pay minimum 96 cent (that's euro cent) per litre. There's 4.55 litres to a gallon so that works out as 4.37 (euro) per gallon - that is roughly 5.70 U.S. dollars per gallon of petrol.

We are ripped off!

So next time you're worried about filling that tank just think of us misfortunate folk across the sea hording our pennies to meet these petrol costs (I'm half-joking - some weeks it's tough getting the bobs together to fill the tank) !!!

Happy driving everyone. :) :moped:
Hey Deb,
Who are the "bobs"? And why do they have to be present to fill your tank? pirate:

After I found $39 (each way) airfare from Nashville to Orlando there was NO WAY that I was going to drive 13 hours and pay 2.20 a gallon for gas!

MamaMouse said:
After I found $39 (each way) airfare from Nashville to Orlando there was NO WAY that I was going to drive 13 hours and pay 2.20 a gallon for gas!

what airline did you get that with? I checked Southwest for June 6 flying from Nashville and it was over $100 each way.

DebIreland said:
I just clicked on this thread to get a general idea of petrol (gas) costs in the U.S. because we might be hiring a car for a few days of our holiday in WDW. Wow! I understand that a price increase is always a worry but I just need to share that I'm shocked at how cheap petrol is in the U.S. *compared* to here. I know that doesn't matter in the general scheme of things and it's all relative, but hey it might make you all feel better. lol! Here in Ireland we pay minimum 96 cent (that's euro cent) per litre. There's 4.55 litres to a gallon so that works out as 4.37 (euro) per gallon - that is roughly 5.70 U.S. dollars per gallon of petrol.
:moped:

Not that it makes much difference... but there is actually 3.875 liters per US gallon. I think your conversion was to an imperial gallon. Either way, gas is cheaper in the US than most anywhere in the world....

Jules123 - It is with Southwest, but we had to be flexible on our travel dates. Were originally planning on going May 28-June 5 but no special pricing was available on those days. Kept adjusting days back and finally found the $39 if we flew on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. If you click on the top to look for cheaper flights it will open up a calendar that shows the days that the cheaper airfare is available. I purchased ours Saturday (2/26). The rates are good thru April 12th if they have availability.

Just for information purposes.....the price per gallon for regular unleaded is around $2.25 in Sarasota (as of today, 4/1/05). That is about 2 hours away from Orlando but it may give you a generalized idea of gas prices here in Florida right now.

After I found $39 (each way) airfare from Nashville to Orlando there was NO WAY that I was going to drive 13 hours and pay 2.20 a gallon for gas

Isn't that the truth! We got the same deal, flying from Jackson, Ms. We live just south of Memphis, so we can do Jackson, Nashville or Little Rock.

We actually considered changing our plans and flying at $59 each way. After adding everything up it was going to cost us $180 more to fly. But we decided to drive to spend some extra quality time with the kids :earseek: in the car. Really! If we fly we will be cutting 4 days off of our trip where we can be in the car together talking, playing, and having fun. Gas in central Ohio is $2.15-2.25.

Gas here in Ohio is up to 2.23 a gallon...... so guess what I booked a flight!!!! I think in the long run I am going to definately save money, time, wear and tear on my car, etc. I also found that Budget car rental is very inexpensive....I was quoted 160.00 for 10 days economy car(usually an Allero) or Magic Express also is a nice FREE possibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter