• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gas prices are going crazy!

Psychodisney

DIS Veteran
This afternoon gas prices are up to $3.55 for regular! That's almost 40 cents heigher than one week ago!:headache::scared1:

Dh just called me, he paid $3.19 this afternoon, last week same station was $2.89.

I normally fill my tank on post, because with our Military Star card we get an automatic $0.05/gallon discount. It was still less than $3/gallon when we filled up end of last week

His hours may change again next week and we may start sharing a vehicle more often, especially with this warmer weather and DH can't open his driver side window, because the motor has gone out.

Suzanne

I should have filled up last week. I've been close to E for a while. I put $30 worth in today at $3.27/gal. That only got me a little over half a tank :scared1:

I'm getting pretty nervous too. :scared1:

I wonder how many, if any will cancel their Disney vacations if this continues to be a problem. Between the gas going higher, food is supposed to go up a lot, clothes, etc-we're doing ok for now, but if gas goes to $5 a gallon we won't be.

I paid $3.07 on Tuesday. That same day it went up to $3.29. Today it went up to $3.49!!:scared1::scared1:

Laura

Alot of people continued to go to Disney in 2008 when gaw was $4/gallon and up, so I can't see it stopping them now. We did it.

Our cafeteria said there would be changes on the items on the salad bar/menu because of the weather and loss of crops, but it so far hasn't affected me.

I guess with the lower power bill and gas bill for this year and some other things that have come down, it will all even out.

Suzanne

Alot of people continued to go to Disney in 2008 when gaw was $4/gallon and up, so I can't see it stopping them now. We did it.
Suzanne

We went then too and I remember this especially cause, we drive from NC and everyone kept asking us that year if we were going to cancel our disney trip do to the increase in gas. I was like cancel, why? If the extra $200 in gas was going to make or break our several thousand $ vacation then we probably shouldn't be going. Like I mentioned at the beginning we went. I mean it certainly does stink that gas is going up again but, not worth canceling.

We left for our first trip (1300 miles each way) the day our local gas station went over $4/gallon. :sad2:

Honestly people around here complained a lot about the gas prices and did drive less (we live in a rural area, so many people would go shopping less often or stop somewhere on the way home from work instead of making several 50 mile round trips per week). However, as soon as the prices went back below $4, it seemed like everyone forgot about the expense of gas.

yep, i paid $3.07 per gallon on tuesday afternoon, now the price is $3.23. i usually take DD13 to and from school each day, but if prices go much higher, she's going to have to ride the bus.

I think the biggest impact is on people's monthly budget which might affect saving for a trip. Adding $200 to the cost isn't necessarily the big deal but, if your monthly budget goes up a couple of hundred bucks, something else has to go.

I think the biggest impact is on people's monthly budget which might affect saving for a trip. Adding $200 to the cost isn't necessarily the big deal but, if your monthly budget goes up a couple of hundred bucks, something else has to go.

I certainly see if you are saving for a trip it may absolutely effect your monthly budget. Our monthly budget is very much effected by the increase of gas prices. In our case our trip was paid for and we were leaving as the gas price were rising last time. Same this trip, our trip has been planned and paid for already, we leave next week as gas prices are going up again, always our luck ;). Still however, cheaper for us than flying though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter