Gardengrocer or Wegoshop

We just used WeGoShop for a December 3 delivery. They were easy to use, and very prompt. In addition, they were good at communicating delivery status to make sure we knew they would be at the resort at the appointed time.

We ordered 3 days before arriving and they had no issue with that. They told us when we ordered that they were busy but could schedule us for our requested time.

We found them to be friendly and courteous in all communications and with the delivery. I'd use them again if we decide to go that route in the future.

We have used WeGoShop numerous times and the service has always been great. Will continue to use them in the future.

I've used both and they both have their pros and cons. One thing for us coming from California and not having the same grocery stores it is very difficult to write down what to order and what brand because we don't have the same brands like our mayo is Best Foods and the same exact brand on the East Coast is Hellman's, Dryer's Ice Cream vs Edy's Ice Cream, etc... So, sometimes when we order from Wegoshop things get mixed up. Also, our sizes of products seems to be different. I do notice the place wegoshop screws up the most is between diet and non diet. You just have to be very specific and BOLD the word diet if diet is what you want.

As for Garden Grocer, I find that their prices are higher and so it can be pricey to order. But they never had screwed up on our order since there is little chance for miscommunication because you click what you on on a screen rather than provide a generic list.

Both are great.... I usually place my order at least 6 months in advance so, I get the best time. I know it hard to think what you need 6 months in advance but I have a list since we pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast while we are there.

I kept putting off ordering - saw this thread - and went with wegoshop - we're going marathon weekend, and already got my email back from Amy - I think the "weird" item on our list is coconut water (its a replenishment for fluids, much better than gatorade ) and so I listed where we find it here, and what brand we buy - she emailed saying she knew of 2 other brands, and theirs is also located in the deli area!

so we arent so much concerned with brands, I usually just go to the Publix website, look at their weekly ad, make my selections, when it gets closer I email her an updated list...

it works for us!
(cant wait to see the price of beer and champagne!) :dance3:

We are using WeGoShop in 5 days :woohoo:. After reading reviews on this board, they sounded best to me. Garden Grocer didn't have some things I was looking for...can't remember what. And they were pricier.

I have a couple of questions.

First, we are flying in and our plane is scheduled to land at 3:42 pm. I asked for WeGoShop to deliver at 5:45, but they set it for 5:30. I am now worried that won't be enough time (even 5:45 may not be). But, we have dinner ADRs for 7:50 at LTT in MK. Not sure how this will work timing wise. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We may may have to have them leave our order with the bellhop? And what does the bellhop do with the cold things? And how do you pay?

Second, they charge a delivery fee, so do you still need to tip above that if they deliver to our room?

TIA!!!!

We had a very negative experience (a couple of months ago) with the woman who runs WEGO now. I had previously posted about our experience on other threads.
We will never use them again. GG has always been great and we have learned our lesson - GG for future orders.

so we arent so much concerned with brands, I usually just go to the Publix website, look at their weekly ad, make my selections, when it gets closer I email her an updated list...:
I'm only concerned with receiving a good quality brand. I've tried generic brands here in California and I don't like them. I like some store brands but I wouldn't know that since there is difference between East and West coast. I'm kinda a middle of the road type person but when I can't even say what type I like it is harder to write it then, click an online shopping cart. And, to research another website just to shop makes it more time consuming for me.

We are using WeGoShop in 5 days :woohoo:. After reading reviews on this board, they sounded best to me. Garden Grocer didn't have some things I was looking for...can't remember what. And they were pricier.

First, we are flying in and our plane is scheduled to land at 3:42 pm. I asked for WeGoShop to deliver at 5:45, but they set it for 5:30. I am now worried that won't be enough time (even 5:45 may not be). But, we have dinner ADRs for 7:50 at LTT in MK. Not sure how this will work timing wise. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We may may have to have them leave our order with the bellhop? And what does the bellhop do with the cold things? And how do you pay?

Second, they charge a delivery fee, so do you still need to tip above that if they deliver to our room?

TIA!!!!

This is why we like Garden Grocer. I can pick a time slot that is just prior to our arrival and they will leave the order with Bell Services - we don't have to be there to receive it or pay cash for it. We don't have to worry if our flight is delayed nor do we have to wait around before we head to the parks. Bell Services will refrigerate whatever needs to be refrigerated. We can prepay with a credit card with no service fee to use it tacked on (at one point WeGo was charging like a 10% fee to use a credit card). I can also add a tip online so that's already done too. We always order a case of water & beer as well. No problems getting what we want. They will charge us the price they pay for the beer at the time they buy it. (They usually call with the amount.)

I think other than the preset list of available items one of the biggest differences between the 2 services is that Garden Grocer doesn't charge that delivery fee. They build the fee into the price of the items. So most people think the WeGo prices are lower but then they forget that they're still paying it in a flat fee whereas with GG you're only paying it on the items you order. So the short answer is yes, they would still expect a tip on top of that fee - that doesn't go to the driver.

I usually place my order 3-4 weeks ahead of time (depending when we're going - as early as possible if going at a busy time).

TIA!!!!

When we used them in 2010 - our flight was delayed, so I called to let them know our problem - they just had us call when we got to the resort - I also remembered we ordered coffee - but not filters, so I added that to the list... and we ordered Sam Adams, and I asked them to pick anything but light for dh - they had a flavor that hadnt gotten here - and dh was thrilled! I also ordered a Birthday Cake (I called the Publix Bakery from the Publix.com website) So I felt I added things above and beyond -

We paid by check, and I did add an additional tip. Not sure what others do.

I do know that each resort the bellhop does have a fridge sections - we had to use that one year, and then they lost our package - so they let me come in with them to find it -(It was at Wilderness Lodge, and it wasnt a grocery service, it was something we dropped off) They were very large refrigerators with glass doors. I've read posts that people do have it delivered to bell service, pay with Credit card...

We had a similar situation and WeGoShop had us call them when we got to the resort. They then called us as they approached the resort so we could go meet them. If for some reason we weren't there, they said they just deliver to bell services which puts the cold items in a large refrigerated case. They would then charge you an additional 10% for tip and settle up...I assume with a credit card via phone call.

We paid via credit card and there was no credit card fee.

The delivery fee is separate from the tip. The delivery fee is actually their profit to cover costs of operation since WGS hands you the grocery receipt (no mark up on groceries) and you pay their flat fee above and beyond that. The tip can then be added to the bill (if charging) or you can give cash to the delivery person.

But I'd encourage you to call them before you leave to verify all this. :)

We have used GG twice before, and the last time they really dropped the ball. Our vegetables seemed like they were purchased at least two days prior to delivery, the mushrooms were slimy, and they forgot our lettuce. Though the lady on the phone promised to make it right, they never credited our account nor did they bring the lettuce.

I've heard pretty good things about We Go Shop, so they will get my business this next trip. I guess since it's 4 1/2 months away, I wouldn't be out of line putting together my list with sizes and quantity.

We are using WeGoShop for the 1st time tomorrow!!! I will let everyone know how it goes. As far as the veggies/fruit goes, when I spoke with Amy, she said that if she wouldn't buy the produce for her own family, she won't buy it for us! So that makes me feel better about buying fruits and not being able to pick them out, and having a complete stranger do it for me. She also offered a second drop off (if needed) at half of the delivery price if we needed anything during the same vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter