• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden View or Pool View at HRH

TinaRN

Mouseketeer
Which do you prefer and why? We have only stayed at hrh once, in a deluxe room that had a garden view. Is the pool view nice/er? It costs more, so I wasn't sure if it was worth it. I would love your opinions!

i always did the pool view as it was more appealing to me than the other choice.
water view does cost a few bucks more.

i prefer watching people around the pool and a view of the parks all lit up late at night.

I conflicting thoughts on views while we are on vacation.

If there is a balcony or patio, I want a view. Some of my favorite memories are sitting on the patio/balcony with a drink and taking in the view.

If there is no patio/balcony, I do not care if I have a view. I just do not look at the window much. When we are at HRH, I really don't care about the view. We have had garden and pool and it was not a big deal either way. To us it is about location at HRH. I like being on the 1st floor by the exit/pathway to the parks or near an elevator.

there are no balconies or patios at hrh or rpr.
pbh is the only one that has a select few.

hrh does have great views at their garden and water views.

I've stayed twice with a pool view. Worth the extra to me.

I conflicting thoughts on views while we are on vacation.

If there is a balcony or patio, I want a view. Some of my favorite memories are sitting on the patio/balcony with a drink and taking in the view.

If there is no patio/balcony, I do not care if I have a view. I just do not look at the window much. When we are at HRH, I really don't care about the view. We have had garden and pool and it was not a big deal either way. To us it is about location at HRH. I like being on the 1st floor by the exit/pathway to the parks or near an elevator.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! heidijanesmith, do you request those options before you check-in?

Yep, when I make the reservation, I put a request in for location. The first two times at HRH we asked for a room by the elevator and had a great room, 4th floor very close to laundry and the elevator.

The last two times at HRH was in Oct and was given advice by the staff checking in that we might like a room on the 1st floor near the exit door that takes you right to the path to the parks. We love this location and asked for it again this year. The gate to the pool is just to the right and the path to the parks is just to your left. Perfect for us as the pool and the parks are where we spend our time.

A previous poster mentioned that as HRH is a pet friendly hotel that this area has pet friendly rooms. If someone has severe allergies or pet friendly rooms are not for you, there might be a better location for you. We had no issues and would never have known. The room was spotless and and we had no problems.

The only time our request could not be met regarding location was at PBH during July 2010. HP1 had just opened and the resort was full and they could not help us with location. It was disappointing but understandable.

Thanks! I'm going to put in my request...as soon as I decide if I'm changing to two rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter