• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden view at the Poly?

ksc37

DIS Veteran
Hi. I just booked my first ever stay at the Poly for September, Garden view w/ the AAA rate (hoping for deeper discounts, of course). Anyway, I was just wondering how are the 'Garden' views? I don't really want to spend $250/night for a parking lot view, so which buildings have the best Garden View? I've heard Tokelau (sp?) is good because some Garden Views have partial lagoon views (but is it convenient?).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, we will be traveling with an 18 month old and an almost 4 year old. Any suggestions of things that we should definitely take advantage of while staying at the Poly?

Thanks in advance!

has the best site I've seen on the Poly!::yes::

Last time at the Poly we stayed in the Samoa Building - Room 1610....GV, bottom floor, direct view of the Volcano Pool...

Best GV room we have ever had!

Good Luck!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The grounds at the Polynesian are beautiful! Lushly landscaped, with tiki-torch lit walkways winding through.

There are very, very few rooms that would have a parking lot view, and the garden views are quite lovely all around the resort.

And the ones that do have a parking lot view will often also have a monorail view!

Several buildings have some "garden views" that might include a bit of beach or lagoon.

On many trips, we've enjoyed watching bunnies, ducks and little lizards from our garden view rooms... I'll bet your little ones would love that. :)

We had a garden view at the Tokelou building & it was not a parking lot view.
It was very convenient to the GCH & just a short walk to the TTC

I loved it!!!!

Our favorite building at the Poly for Garden and Lagoon views is the Tahiti.:sunny:

Hi! I just returned from WDW and a stay at the Polynesian. . my first time back since 1974! We stayed in the Tokelou, room 3903 Garden view, and it was lovely! We had a partial view of the smaller pool, the garden, and lots of bunnies running around the place!

It *was* a little bit of a walk from the Ceremonial house, but after a couple of days it wasn't so bad. ;)

Enjoy your trip. . .I'm already planning my next one! :D

Thanks everyone for the tips and comments. Between this and another thread from a fellow Poly first-timer, I'm thinking I can't go too wrong, no matter what longhouse I stay in.

I think I'll request either Tokelau or Tahiti. Looking at Tikiman's map, I see that Tahiti is really close to the TTC (and a lot of people seem to love Tahiti), but Tokelau may be a little more convenient to the resort amenities. Decisions, decisions...

I can't wait for September!!!

in Tokelau and the views were great - even the rooms that didn't offer a lagoon side-view. In fact, I think all Poly garden views are great except perhaps the parking lot views from Rapa Niue and Roratonga. I don't think I'd like those. 3 days before our arrival, we called and requested "a nice garden view of something other than the parking lot." It worked.

PamNC

Our favorite building at the Poly for Garden and Lagoon views is the Tahiti

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a LV booked and I really wanted a great view of the castle! My all time dream! I want to be able to look out my window at night and watch the castle change colors!! OOOHHHH wouldn't that be great? at least I think so!:tongue:

Originally posted by WDW LifeLong Fan
has the best site I've seen on the Poly!::yes::

Last time at the Poly we stayed in the Samoa Building - Room 1610....GV, bottom floor, direct view of the Volcano Pool...

Best GV room we have ever had!

Good Luck!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Just curious about the noise from the pool at night with your Samoa room. Did it bother you at all? We were thinking that the pool side would be a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter