• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Rocks concert series 2016

dsanner106

DIS Veteran
Still early I know ,but I have to plan early for our spring trip and would like to start gathering information on the bands that will be playing in the spring. I have a little flexibility on dates, and seem to guess wrong when planning, so any additional info anyone has and can share, I thought we could collect here. I have two of the bands and their dates posted below, any others, please add.

Starship March 11-13
Herman's Hermits April 1-3

Adding another date below.
Still early I know ,but I have to plan early for our spring trip and would like to start gathering information on the bands that will be playing in the spring. I have a little flexibility on dates, and seem to guess wrong when planning, so any additional info anyone has and can share, I thought we could collect here. I have two of the bands and their dates posted below, any others, please add.

Starship March 11-13
Little River Band March 18-20

Thanks!! The new list:

The Orchestra March 4-6
Starship March 11-13
Village People March 25-27
The Guess Who April 8-10
Blood Sweat and Tears April 15-17
Gin Blossoms May 6-9
The Spinners May 27-29

Last edited:

Thanks!! The new list:

The Orchestra (ELO) March 4-6
Starship March 11-13
The Guess Who April 8-10
Blood Sweat and Tears April 15-17
The Spinners May 27-29

Hey, are you SURE about The Orchestra March 4-6? Can't find that anywhere, even on The Orchestra's website....

I'm planning on travelling to see the Orchestra. Can someone please confirm if March 4-6 is correct?

Hey, are you SURE about The Orchestra March 4-6? Can't find that anywhere, even on The Orchestra's website....
I have also been watching for clarification, it was posted on a British fan site and when I emailed the band/management via their website and had the response that there was not a contract yet in place. I suppose I will take it back off the list since a month has passed without further word. Thanks for reminding me, I have gotten busy and forgotten to look recently

I'm planning on travelling to see the Orchestra. Can someone please confirm if March 4-6 is correct?
Hi,
I am removing it for now, it is the only one on the list I don't have physical verification on. I took this from a British fan site but the band only says no contract yet in place so I will wait and see. They are one of my favorites as well, so as soon as I get confirmation, I will relist.

Hi,
I am removing it for now, it is the only one on the list I don't have physical verification on. I took this from a British fan site but the band only says no contract yet in place so I will wait and see. They are one of my favorites as well, so as soon as I get confirmation, I will relist.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on your thread for updates

lineup so far from another site, still no confirm on the Orchestra

• March 11 Starship featuring Mickey Thomas "We Built This City"
  • March 18 - 20 Little River Band "Lady"
  • March 25-27 Village People "Y.M.C.A."
  • April 1-3 Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone "I'm Henry the VIII, I Am"
  • April 8-10 The Guess Who "These Eyes"
  • April 15-17 Blood, Sweat & Tears "Spinning Wheel"
  • May 6-8 Gin Blossoms "Hey Jealousy"
  • May 27-30 The Spinners "Working My Way Back to You"

lineup so far from another site, still no confirm on the Orchestra

• March 11 Starship featuring Mickey Thomas "We Built This City"
  • March 18 - 20 Little River Band "Lady"
  • March 25-27 Village People "Y.M.C.A."
  • April 1-3 Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone "I'm Henry the VIII, I Am"
  • April 8-10 The Guess Who "These Eyes"
  • April 15-17 Blood, Sweat & Tears "Spinning Wheel"
  • May 6-8 Gin Blossoms "Hey Jealousy"
  • May 27-30 The Spinners "Working My Way Back to You"
Glen Burtnik and Parthenon Huxley posted the dates March 4,5,6

I have been waiting for the official lineup to be announced. Even emailed Disney a few times.

Finally found something on line and the Friday night we will be there will be Little River Band.

I ended up planning to be in MK on that Friday night.

I have enjoyed seeing Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones, David Cassidy and Gary Lewis. All performed great shows.

It was a "teenage girl's" dream come true.

They usually have announced by now, not sure if I am looking in the wrong places or if they are slower this year.

Herman's Hermits is on my list, but they never play when I am there for spring break.

The Epcot Flower and Garden show is so nice and the fact that we get to we get to see these wonderful performances is just an added bonus!!!!!

Is it me, or is it very unusual that no act has been officially announced for the first weekend of the Festival which is now only 5 weeks away?

Last edited:
They usually announce officially around the 13th of January. I think it is crazy too!

I was holding off on planning my park days based on this.

Now I am doing MK on the Friday I would've done Epcot, if it had been someone I wanted to see.

I agree, it is making it hard for folks to plan their Disney days!!!!

I also saw on WDW Prep site that Rivers of Light, AK's new night show might open in March??? That was the only place I saw that and I am sure it is speculation, but again, would be nice to know these things while we are lining things up.

Hard to swap things around last minute because of fastpasses attached to each day.

Good luck everyone!!

I booked my flights and room for March 4-6 to see The Orchestra. I hope these dates are correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter