Garden Grove @ Swan Charachter Dinner

Hopefully, You will have an opportunity to read this post before it gets buried by so many others...The Garden Grove character breakfast is a little different than other character breakfasts. One, Typically you don't get some of the crowds you see at other character breakfast restaurants, so you sometimes wind up with more one-on-one time with the characters. The characters I have seen there include Pluto, Chip and Dale...I was attempting to retrieve some photos I have from a few trips we have had at both Swan and Dolphin, but looks like I haven't scanned them into the computer yet. The buffet line I would say is much smaller also, as the restaurant isn't as big as lets say Crystal Palace. Both hotels have more of a business feel to them as they where built for business conferences, and so you have a more monotone atmosphere than the typical Disney atmosphere. I love both the Dolphin and Swan hotels as I have stayed there three times already, and would definitely recommend either hotel for anybody going down there.

Thank you for the response. I was thinking about the character dinner buffet on a Sunday night. At least I think it is a character one. The menu seems just "ok" to me - but I am looking for the characters. Do you recall are there more than one that goes around?

For details on this check out swandolphin.com.

The resorts are fabulous. We haven't had the character dinner, but have done the character breakfast many times. You get a lot of time with characters, they are always able to make several rounds around the restaurant while we are there (and breakfast doesn't take as long as dinner).

Oh, and by the way, we do the breakfast there, not because it is a character breakfast, but because the food is good. Fresh, hot and good service. Relaxing atmosphere in a beautiful restaurant.

Thank you for the response. I was thinking about the character dinner buffet on a Sunday night. At least I think it is a character one. The menu seems just "ok" to me - but I am looking for the characters. Do you recall are there more than one that goes around?

Just got back. Ate there Saturday night. The characters for Dinner are usually Goofy and Pluto (with Rifiki and Timon taking their place on 2 nights a week). If I figure out which 2 nights that is, I'll post back later.

NOTE: THE MENU DAYS HAVE CHANGED SOMEWHAT!!!!

Saturday is now the Mediterranean Night, and Sunday has changed to Southern Barbeque night. I know this. I just experienced it. I took a picture of the menu case posted out front, but haven't downloaded it from the camera yet. I should be posting my review later this week, and when I do, I'll post the new menu pictures as well (to show the change in days). We went on Saturday expecting the Southern BBQ night, and that's when we found out that the days had changed.

As promised. Note: Photos just taken over Labor Day weekend.

P1140672.jpg
[/IMG]

P1140673.jpg
[/IMG]

P1140674.jpg

Looks like it has changed some. We went there for BBQ night a few years ago and the characters were great but the food was dismal - not really fresh, not really flavorful, not readily replenished. The server we had was excellent - wish I could remember her name so I could recommend her (if she is still there). I LOVE the Swan and Dolphin, but this was easily the worst meal I have ever had at a S/D restaurant. Hopefully this new menu and new approach has refreshed the entire experience. Good luck!

What characters do they have at the dinners during the week???? I just booked us for a Tuesday night. I'm not holding you to the characters. Just curious what people have encountered during the week dinners. Thanks!

:goodvibes Jennifer

Most nights it is Pluto and Goofy. I believe they have Rifiki and Timon there on Monday and Friday only, and Pluto and Goofy the rest of the time. The S/D website has improved as of late, and may hold more info somewhere under their Dining section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter