Garden Grove at Swan

kedz

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you need reservations for their character breakfast?

Nope, as of the last time we were there, they do not take reservations.

Just show up and enjoy! Good breakfast..Lot's of character interaction.

I'm not sure about breakfast but for dinner, they do take reservations (through WDW dining). I can't say if you'll need them, but if you really want to go to this meal at a certain time, I would go ahead and reserve it.

They don't take reservations for the character breakfasts. It looks like it does on the ADR system but they do not (check the Swan's website). We went in Jan and they were only 1/2 full if that. We found the buffet ok, not as good as some of the other breakfast buffets. It had the basics but nothing different or special. The character interaction was great however. Maybe it was because it was quite or because of where we were seated but we saw Goofy twice and Pluto three times. The manager also came over to see how we enjoyed our meal. We mentioned we hadn't see Chip yet and he was at our table within 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if we would go back. We liked the food better at other places better and it didn't have the same feel as other character meals. I think that was mostly because it was quiet and where we were sitting felt isolated. We were not seated in the middle under the tree and there was no other people sitting near us.

It's never been crowded when we've gone there and the characters seem extra playful - probabaly because they're not being passed through a super-packed restaurant.

If you're DVC, I believe you get a decent meal discount there.

Thanks everyone!!! We have reservations at the Swan for our upcoming June trip..I think we will give the Character breakfast a try..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter