Garden Grocer, Would it be worth it for us??

I totally think it's worth it for bottled water alone (we are a family of 5 though), but I also always order diapers, wipes and a 6-pack of beer for those nights when you come back to the room and just want to chill after the parks, but don't want to spend $5.00 for one in the gift shop. Beer/wine is not listed on their website, but you just request in the special request box. Love Garden Grocer!

What we did to meet the price limit was order things like sunblock, pull-ups, contact solution, wipes. All the things we had to have but we ordered instead of packing for the trip down. Then we added a case of water, juice boxes, yogurt and some snacks. We ended up going through the case of water in less then half the trip so the next time we are ordering 2 cases.

We loved Garden Grocer and will use them again. Disney does not have a lot of juice varieties and our son blows up with apple juices...so we had juice, water, diapers, wipes, crackers, etc..it was great. Also good to just have things in your room if your little one is hungry at odd hours and you don't want to leave, or for those "just in case" sandwiches. We wish we had ordered more last time as the bread and water alone were worth it. Nice to have a sandwich available, and as many posters have noted the water at Disney is pricey!

excellent point. My family of 3 drinks a lot of water, I drink mt dew and we want breakfast items and snacks. We are visting during Food & Wine festival so I read we should save those snacks for our around the world tour.

alyn said:
We are small family of three. We have the dining plan that includes a snack, quick service and table service each day. We were thinking of having a case of water, some milk and maybe a couple other "perishables" delivered to the room and bring with us dry cereal , crackers etc for snacks or the occasional breakfast. Garden Grocers minimum order is $40. I am not sure we would even hit that price point and would end up ordering stuff we don't really want just to get the stuff we need.
I'd appreciate your veteran thought, Thanks!

We are staying at the Boardwalk villas in nov and I saw a website for *********** that says about groceries for this resort. Has anyone ever heard of or used this?

We are staying at the Boardwalk villas in nov and I saw a website for *********** that says about groceries for this resort. Has anyone ever heard of or used this?

This is suppose to say m o u s e o w n e r s dot com, but this site blocked it out.:thumbsup2

We used strollersandgroceries dot com for our last trip. They were fantastic. They have a $40.00 min. too, but I thought there prices were a little better. I rented a stroller so I got free delivery on everything. Will definitely will use them next time.

We are small family of three. We have the dining plan that includes a snack, quick service and table service each day. We were thinking of having a case of water, some milk and maybe a couple other "perishables" delivered to the room and bring with us dry cereal , crackers etc for snacks or the occasional breakfast. Garden Grocers minimum order is $40. I am not sure we would even hit that price point and would end up ordering stuff we don't really want just to get the stuff we need.
I'd appreciate your veteran thought, Thanks!

Order water from walmart, pickup milk in gift shop. Pack just a few snacks and enjoy the DDP.

Denise in MI

We used strollersandgroceries dot com for our last trip. They were fantastic. They have a $40.00 min. too, but I thought there prices were a little better. I rented a stroller so I got free delivery on everything. Will definitely will use them next time.
Thanks for sharing. I had never heard of them and will be visiting this fall and need to place an order with someone.

When we used them on our last trip I used this logic, a case of water through Garden Grocer was around $6, a case of water purchased a bottle at a time through Disney was $120. So even with $34 in filler items, you are way ahead of the game.

And it's still free from the taps (even at the value resorts) :)

And it's still free from the taps (even at the value resorts) :)

I think they are looking for bottles to take into the parks. Or, if it is for resort use, they don't like the taste of the tap water there. Of course, in my opinion the best remedy for both those situations, is a Brita Bottle Aqua. Clean, fresh, delicious water from any tap.

This person is posting to all the WDW forums, posing as a "customer" of this company. They've been on WDWMagic forums as VZMom and NSMom, on the Touringplans blog as "Brenda", on Disboards as VZmom, Intercot as vzmom, and on EasyWDW forums as VZmom.

How does it work? Does Garden Grocer call you and you have to be at your resort at that time?

Garden Grocer and also Wegoshop will deliver to your resort at a set time - they usually give you a range, say from noon to 2pm.

You only need to be present if you are ordering alcohol. If there's no alcohol on your order, you do not need to be present when the order is delivered, they will leave it will bell services and your refrigerated items will be kept cold.

Ordering is done online. You can also leave any special instructions in the notes section.

As far as I recall (our trip was in 07/08), our groceries were delivered to bell services. The cold stuff was kept in a fridge, and we went and picked them up when we had a few minutes. Since we were close to bell services, we just used a luggage cart to get them to our room :confused3 (DH's idea). I couldn't get the delivery day I wanted so the groceries came on our 2nd day there. (Other posters may have more up-to-date information.) Whether they will deliver them to your room, I don't know.

Does anyone know if garden grocer delivers on thanksgiving day?

Thanks

As far as I recall (our trip was in 07/08), our groceries were delivered to bell services. The cold stuff was kept in a fridge, and we went and picked them up when we had a few minutes. Since we were close to bell services, we just used a luggage cart to get them to our room :confused3 (DH's idea). I couldn't get the delivery day I wanted so the groceries came on our 2nd day there. (Other posters may have more up-to-date information.) Whether they will deliver them to your room, I don't know.
I read on their website that they would deliver to your room if you were in your room.

We are discussing this as well. I think we are going order from GG even though we have DDP Plus. We plan on having breakfast in our room each morning and we will order milk, water, snacks, etc. for my kids who always have to have snack even if they just ate a meal lol:)

We had DDP but in days too tired or weather didn't cooperate glad we had GardenGrocer. Bell Service brought it right to our room, glad we had GG!

Garden Grocer email reply was super fast when we had a question and even called to follow up with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter