Garden Grocer vs. We Go Shop

PistonsFan

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a preference on which of these to use? I know the WGS delivery is a bit higher, but the products should be cheaper if you ask them to go to Walmart, right? Also, I'm not sure I really need the $40 min. that GG requires.

How early should I be booking these - we're going in 6 wks.

I have only used Garden Grocers and they were great. I would book them as soon as possible so the time slot you want them to deliver isn't filled. They were great everything was just like I ordered. Maybe someone else as used the other but I highly recommend Garden Grocers
Debbie

Just a fair warning on WGS. If you have a specific delivery time, you need to call them right away to confirm your room number - preferrably even before you arrive at your resort.

We had a delivery time of 12:30 to coincide with our arrival to the Poly. I tried calling them when we had our room number and nobody picked up. At the same time, they tried calling me and it went to my voicemail. They must have called the Poly to get our room number because we had a message from them when we went to drop our gear off and get ready for the parks telling us that they were bypassing our appointment because we didn't call them. I talked to the driver only to be lectured about the requirement to call as soon as we arrived at the resort. She told me that it would be another hour before she could get back to the Poly.

I finally got a hold of someone at the home office (owner/manager) who told me that they could deliver if I wasn't there for a 10% upcharge (presumed tip for the driver). By this time, it would be only 20 minutes before the second delivery attempt. We waited, got our food, and went to the park frustrated with the level of professionalism with the company.

As far as the food itself, they did a great job at matching our order exactly. I have a feeling that I would be writing a stellar review if the delivery had gone off without an issue, but I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth based on the attitude of the driver and owner.

Good luck.

Either would be fine. I happen to like Garden Grocer's ordering model a little bit better (select from a menu) than We Go's (make up a list), so that's who I use.

I wouldn't quibble over a few dollars' difference here or there. The convenience of not having to go out and shop for yourself is significant.

I have used Garden Grocer and the service was great. Even though we have a car at our disposal, it was totally worth it to have somebody else do the shopping for me. Believe me, it doesn't take long for an order to add up to $40.00. Even when we drove to the grocery store ourselves, we could quickly get $40.00 worth of groceries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter