Garden Grocer Results

Al D

Earning My Ears
I used Garden Grocer last week (12-14)

I loved the website, and gave them about 1 week notice.

They showed up exactly on time (8:30PM) and brought the groceries to my room. Very nice people.

I bought over $200.00 in grocieries and everything was correct.

I was planning on reporting about them, but didn't let him know ahead of time, so this wasn't just good service to get a rating on this board. I wouldn't use anyone else if I go back.

Thanks for the information. We are planning on using them in a couple of weeks for our January trip!

Thanks for the information. I'm thinking of using them for my January trip as well!!

Merry Christmas!!

We have scheduled a delivery from Garden Grocer for our OKW room this Wednesday morning. Ordering was very easy. We ordered about 6 days in advance, and then I called and spoke with someone who said there would be no problem with the time I requested for the delivery. Seemed to be a very nice person. Our order is over $200, so there is no delivery charge. I also appreciate that we can pay "cash on delivery" because I hate to give out my credit card over the internet or telephone. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I didn't want to give my cc# either, especially to an untested company. I wish I had. My plane was late and if I had been any later, GG would have been stuck with food and I would have had either warm or no groceries.

With a cc #, he can deliver ahead of time to the bell captain. Or deliver it right when you arrive and have the bell captain take it if your late. Then have it delivered by the bell captain you arrive later. I was told Disney will even refredgerate and freeze anything that needs it.

This is what I'll do next time.

I just wanted to add that we ordered from Gardengrocer.com as well for our BCV stay over 12/10-12/17 and it was a generally positive experience. I liked the ease of ordering online and knowing the exact items and amounts in advance. [By the way, I ordered several things not on its website -- just email them and ask. I was also told they'll be updating their website soon to add much more stuff.] The only negative part of the experience was not their fault -- we arrived via Magical Express that afternoon so we couldn't really set a fixed delivery time. After a few calls back and forth to give them updates re where we were (our flight arrived before 3 pm but we didn't get into our unit until past 4:40 pm), we ended up getting our grocery much later than I had wanted (past 6 pm) because they were around the BCV resort area when we were on the way but by the time we arrived at the resort they got caught up with a delivery elsewhere farther along. Unfortunately, I was waiting for the groceries to cook dinner. Next time if we catch the same flight and we use ME, I will NOT plan to cook dinner the first night. Then we can preset a later delivery time and it would have been far less of a hassle.

Scotch said:
I just wanted to add that we ordered from Gardengrocer.com as well for our BCV stay over 12/10-12/17 and it was a generally positive experience. I liked the ease of ordering online and knowing the exact items and amounts in advance. [By the way, I ordered several things not on its website -- just email them and ask. I was also told they'll be updating their website soon to add much more stuff.] The only negative part of the experience was not their fault -- we arrived via Magical Express that afternoon so we couldn't really set a fixed delivery time. After a few calls back and forth to give them updates re where we were (our flight arrived before 3 pm but we didn't get into our unit until past 4:40 pm), we ended up getting our grocery much later than I had wanted (past 6 pm) because they were around the BCV resort area when we were on the way but by the time we arrived at the resort they got caught up with a delivery elsewhere farther along. Unfortunately, I was waiting for the groceries to cook dinner. Next time if we catch the same flight and we use ME, I will NOT plan to cook dinner the first night. Then we can preset a later delivery time and it would have been far less of a hassle.

That's why I would rather pay by visa ahead of time and let Bell services deliver the food as soon as I arrive. JMO

Al D said:
That's why I would rather pay by visa ahead of time and let Bell services deliver the food as soon as I arrive. JMO

Yes, now that you mentioned it. This was an option offered and we ought to have taken it. Next time . . . .

We used GG for our trip Dec 3. Cannot say enough about them. Ordering was easy. Communication was excellent. Delivery was flexible (our train was late) and there when we arrived. The guy (Brian, I think it was) was a genuinely nice guy. The order was perfect, he apologized profusely that they were out of a specific brand of water and he had to substitute (not a problem for me as I said substitutions were fine). All items were fresh.

I highly recommend GG and will absolutely use them on our next trip.

angie
Al D said:
I used Garden Grocer last week (12-14)

I loved the website, and gave them about 1 week notice.

They showed up exactly on time (8:30PM) and brought the groceries to my room. Very nice people.

I bought over $200.00 in grocieries and everything was correct.

I was planning on reporting about them, but didn't let him know ahead of time, so this wasn't just good service to get a rating on this board. I wouldn't use anyone else if I go back.

I too have had a great experience with gardengrocer and highly recommend this service. We will be using it again next week.

Use GG on Jan 22. Very positive experience. I even called back a couple days before we were leaving and added a couple items. Website is great for ordering.

We used them three weeks ago. :thumbsup2 The whole process was so easy that we're thinking of using them in June even though we'll have a car. It's worth a few extra dollars to not have to grocery shop during our Disney vacation! :wizard:

We just used them 2/4 and have absolutely no complaints. He was right on time and the order was correct. They delivered the best fresh Florida strawberries I have ever eaten!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter