Garden Grocer or We go shop

Boynton1234

Earning My Ears
I started to do Garden Grocer but I find their prices to be a bit high and then you are paying a delivery fee on top of that. Is We go Shop any better?

I started to do Garden Grocer but I find their prices to be a bit high and then you are paying a delivery fee on top of that. Is We go Shop any better?

I have used wegoshop.com 7 times and always recommended them in the past. However I have now switched to Garden Grocer for our October trip.
I found the $24 "shopping fee'" to be very high for our $75 order and I experienced rude service on the telephone. Never again.

I guess it all evens out between the two price wise. Garden Grocer I think is a $14 delivery fee but then they up the prices on the items.

I love the convenience of ordering online/paying online. They have great customer service! I look at it this way, I buy 3 cases of water at 7.99 each; Water prices per bottle at WDW $2.75@. What I save in water alone makes it more than worth it!!!!!

We have only used Garden Grocer once, but we will be using them again. We had no issues at all.

There is another alternative to avoid the "convenience/delivery" fees offered by these companies. If you are renting a car and don't mind leaving the property there is a Walmart SuperCenter and a Publix within 5 miles of Downtown Disney. Just food for thought :)

Dave

We have used Garden Grocer and they were great.:thumbsup2 But our next trip we are renting a small car the first day and hubby is going up the street to the walmart. I'm thinking of even having him buy a 40$ cooler so we can buy more milk, ham and cheese ect....we stayed at AOA last time and the fridge was great but we ran out room quickly, PB and J were okay but after a few days everyone was PB and J'd out. Having cereal every morning for breakfast was a great money saver and going forward I would do that again in a heartbeat!

I had poor luck with Garden Grocer. The items we received were of poor quality (produce on it's last legs, freezer burned items, etc.) and the bags were packed such that many items were soggy or crushed.

Switched to WeGoShop and have used them a number of times with excellent results. You can order exactly what you want and can even specify a certain store to shop at if you like. Everything is peak quality and they've even called me to consult about a substitution when produce I requested was not looking so good. She uses shoppers club deals and sales and shops for you like you would for yourself. Definitely a far superior service than Garden Grocer.

There is another alternative to avoid the "convenience/delivery" fees offered by these companies. If you are renting a car and don't mind leaving the property there is a Walmart SuperCenter and a Publix within 5 miles of Downtown Disney. Just food for thought :)

Dave

This is what my husband wants to do.
200 for car rental
200 for groceries for the 9 days.
400 total for everything.
My daughter is 10 and don't really want to or care to do disney dinning. (Talked her into it many times! Kept saying no!)

Or if we order 200.00 from the these online places would it be enough food for our entire stay?
The car might make it easier to travel too! We want to take advantage of magic hours!

We've used Garden Grocer a few times and have always been happy. I got a gift certificate deal for WeGoShop ($200 gc for $125) so we are trying their service in November.

WE have used wegoshop in the past and have been very happy with their service... We think that the prices are similar to what we pay at home for the groceries. Also, we add some beer and wine which is very expensive at Disney. If you can use ME I would suggest that you use one of the services, do not get a car, buy what you think that you will eat in a week and supplement with food from the resort grocery area. We do not want to spend time shopping for food at WDW> Have lots of fun regardless.

Buy the milk in the gift shop of the resort.
It will cost you less than at the CS.

We found this to be true at all resorts we stayed at ;)

lovewdwdvc said:
WE have used wegoshop in the past and have been very happy with their service... We think that the prices are similar to what we pay at home for the groceries. Also, we add some beer and wine which is very expensive at Disney. If you can use ME I would suggest that you use one of the services, do not get a car, buy what you think that you will eat in a week and supplement with food from the resort grocery area. We do not want to spend time shopping for food at WDW> Have lots of fun regardless.

Great advice! Thank you!

We've used garden grocer twice and had a very good experience both times. Will definitely use them again. The delivery fee was only $2 on a $200 order and that was very easy to do with a family of 5!

I used www.orlandogroceryexpress.com for this trip. We used them last year and they did a good job. They have a delivery fee of $14, but you can use discount code "VISITORLANDO" to get $5 off of the order.

The car might make it easier to travel too! We want to take advantage of magic hours!

Disney transportation runs plenty early (and late) enough to get you to/from Extra Magic Hours at the parks, so don't let that be your main reason for renting at vehicle. Don't get me wrong- we always rent a car because we prefer it to Disney buses and it makes dinner resort-to-resort travel vastly easier, but it's not needed just for EMH.

I am asking this question for a "friend". ;)

No, really!!!

Do both Garden Grocer and wegoshop deliver beer/wine/alcohol with the proper ID requirement?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter