Garden Grocer Experience?

We had a great experience with garden grocer! Our refrigerator was already stocked when we went got to our room. I think our next trip we are staying in a dvc with a full kitchen, our plan is to rent the cheapest car for hubby to run to the local grocery store, because with a family of 8 our grocery bill can be massive.

We will be using them for the first time in November. How far in advance do you place your order, and do they deliver on the weekends, we will be arriving on Sunday.

We will be using them for the first time in November. How far in advance do you place your order, and do they deliver on the weekends, we will be arriving on Sunday.

I think we've placed our orders like 2 weeks out.

Yes they deliver 7 days a week.

For those who said the groceries were already in room and put away......WOW. I never heard of that before. I was unsure to use GG or wegoshop, because I read you tip the service and then you tip bell services for bringing groceries to your room. I figured how much am I saving with the double tipping and service charges for shopping.

A few yrs ago, I asked about wegoshop and bringing to the room and was told, they were told it would be tresspassing if they brought groceries right to the room.

By the way, for just DH and I, we pack a suitcase with shelf stable stuff and then just buy juice, eggs, milk and 2 lt bottle of soda at disney.

A few yrs ago, I asked about wegoshop and bringing to the room and was told, they were told it would be tresspassing if they brought groceries right to the room.

It is Disney(Bell Services) that brought the groceries to the rooms.:)

I just ordered for our trip in 30 days, and they're now offering an early order discount...10% off for 60 days in advance, 7% off for 30 days in advance, and 5% off for 15 days in advance. You can also modify your order after you make it initially. Prior to this trip, I usually ordered about 2 weeks in advance.

It is Disney(Bell Services) that brought the groceries to the rooms.:)

I meant even if you were in your room when groceries arrive, the shopping service couldn't bring the bags right to room.

I'm still surprised that bell services would bring groceries to the room and put them away. Is this something new?

Just make sure you use the groceries. We just got home moments ago and literally left half of the groceries in the room.

Mixed results, inflated prices, tips, we now rent a car for the day, shop when we want, where we want, pick up items we forgot to pack, and eat off-site.

:earsboy: Bill

We use them for each trip. I honestly don't find the prices to be hugely inflated. The slight increase in price for my family would not justify the cost of renting a car, gas, time out of my vacation. I also order 60 days out for the discount which negates the price increase. If I forget anything, I add it later.
Our order has always been exact. Interesting that the two posts that mentioned issues were at the same resort, perhaps the resort delivered the wrong groceries to wrong families or forget to deliver a bag to the room.
We've never notified bell services ahead of time. I think all of the resorts are accustomed to such deliveries.
We've also never had our groceries in our room, thankfully because what if I made a change at check in for a different room? Would another family get a wonderful surprise? I do tip bell services because the groceries are being delivered with my luggage when I check in.
As for the extra stuff at the end of my trip, I find someone walking down the hall and explain I'm checking out and it will get tossed. This week, I found a mom there with eight kids. She was thrilled with a half case of water, some mini muffins, the go gurt flavor DD won't eat, and a bag of chips. The other stuff like M&Ms and goldfish went in my luggage.

We have used them and LOVE them! What a great service and business they operate!! We often saw their delivery car outside the resort every morning...so lot's of people use them.

We were staying at Bay Lake Tower and bell services accepted the order

our cold items were waiting in our room fridge. Other (non fridge) items were arranged on the bench top and a note saying to enjoy our stay and let them know what they can do to make our stay more magical.

though we did not check for the stuff when we first went to our room.

We checked in around 9am at the resort...room was already ready (which cast members said was very rare at that hour for Bay Lake)
told the front desk CM that we were expecting a delivery of food...but it was schedule for later that day...she said no problem and noted we don't need to be present to accept the order. So we said we were planing to be out all day at the MK
we literally opened our door shoved our carry ons in the room...and went to MK...so did not check then for the items.

though we received a voice mail call (when we got back to the room) from the front desk asking when we wanted our food delivered to the room. Called the front desk and told them it was already all in the room...front desk cast member said that's unusual and normally bell services holds/stores until guest call and request them to be brought up to the room.
maybe bell services did not want to store our stuff (or needed the room) so they put it in our room. As we were out all day from 9am until MK closing...my guess is somewhere it that time someone put the food in our fridge/room

We live in Australia so it was very easy for us to make our order online and not have to worry about anything else. Sure there is a delivery fee (they have to make money for their time and effort)

and the prices were very cheap for us....and certainly cheaper that paying for things inside the park.
though food prices in Australia are insane compared to America. Yesterday we bought Avocados here (and though wow that's cheap better get some) they were 2 for $5.00 (not on special they can cost about $4.00 each). When in the US you can get them for 50 cents or so each....crazy

would not think twice about using them again

the only thing is we over ordered and had allot of food left over

the only thing is we over ordered and had allot of food left over

Yes,that seems to be a common "problem".:)

My advice is to plan an order and then cut the quantities by 1/3.

Better to "run out" than have "left-overs" IMHO.:)

im planning on using then for my PO;FQ stay in October.

if i order some beer from Garden Grocer do i have to be avaliable on delivery or will bell services take the groceries and check my ID when i collect?

the beer prices are alot cheaper than disney prices!

im planning on using then for my PO;FQ stay in October.

if i order some beer from Garden Grocer do i have to be avaliable on delivery or will bell services take the groceries and check my ID when i collect?

the beer prices are alot cheaper than disney prices!
no you don't have to be there for delivery
You have to send an email with your order # and a photo of your drivers license to garden grocer when you order wine/beer
(Just did it last week)

We've always had great experiences with Garden Grocer over several years of trips.

We haven't been unhappy with our 5-6 garden grocer orders, they are just way overpriced compared to some other options. We always compare GG to other delivery services, amazon pantry, etc to figure out what is best for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter