Garden Grocer and changes

Anna114

Pluto Rocks!
We are staying at BCV the first week of May, in a one bedroom. I haven't used GG in a couple of years. Not too long ago, I saw a couple of different references to changes on how Disney is handling these vendors, on the boards. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

1. Disney is now/or will start charging for each bag delivered to the resort unless you are there to receive delivery.

2. GG only delivers to BCV between 4:30-5:30 and you need to be there for delivery.

I believe Disney is making things a little more difficult for these vendors. I received an email from Owner's Locker. They had to raise their prices for the first time due to the restrictions that Disney has placed on them. Any help would be appreciated.

Stayed in BCV end of October...Delivery time was between 4:30 and 5:30...we did not need to be in room. They held groceries for us until we came back to room at 9:30 pm and delivered them to us promptly when we called. In the past at SSR and BLT we were able to choose earlier delivery times...

Stayed in BCV end of October...Delivery time was between 4:30 and 5:30...we did not need to be in room. They held groceries for us until we came back to room at 9:30 pm and delivered them to us promptly when we called. In the past at SSR and BLT we were able to choose earlier delivery times...

Call Garden Grocer...after I placed my order online, they called me right away to let me know of the delivery time changes...I've always been happy with their service!

The new package delivery fees are for parcels delivered to the resorts. Guests are using Amazon and other companies to order everything from food to diapers and the package/parcel volume has doubled. GG and other Disney authorized companies including ECV, strollers, etc. can leave your order with bell services. If they are not authorized, Disney expects the guest to meet the company to receive their items.

:earsboy: Bill

The new package delivery fees are for parcels delivered to the resorts. Guests are using Amazon and other companies to order everything from food to diapers and the package/parcel volume has doubled. GG and other Disney authorized companies including ECV, strollers, etc. can leave your order with bell services. If they are not authorized, Disney expects the guest to meet the company to receive their items.

:earsboy: Bill
Seems reasonable.

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I guess I can place my order with little concern.

We used them in November and were very happy with their service and products. Very easy to stop at Bell Services and have our luggage and food delivered to our room.

I can understand why they want to manage the delivery process better.
They only have so much intake space, so a tighter delivery time window should help the bellman by reducing the frequency of the deliveries too.
I would imagine if it is not manageable that way, they will figure out a way through charges or specific delivery times per service, to make it work.
It is a service that many owners rely on, so at worst maybe a room delivery fee per bellman's cart required (plus tip).

FWIW, I used them 12/31 at OKW. I didn't have a charge to my room that I noticed on my room charge. They left my groceries with Bell Services. Bell Services brought both the groceries and our baggage from the airport even when we arrived back from Epcot at like 1:30 am after NYE fireworks. No complaints here!

We recently used DizzyDolphinDelivery.com in December. We had a large order and were not charged anything extra by Disney and the order arrived in the morning before we were able to check in.

I just looked at Dizzy Dolphin, my only problem would be.... if I make out an order, they will get back to me with a price. I would hate for them to go through all of that trouble and I chose not to go with them. When they give you a price, is it per item or just a total? What I do like about GG is you know the prices going in. I won't pay GG prices for bacon.... holy moly, $10 a pound. Even though I know prices are high and I get why they are I just can't justify that for bacon, we will do without. RC cola absolutely, less then a $1 a can. I wouldn't pay that at home but again, I get it (actually no I don't I don't get it I don't care for RC lol. My husband and son do).

I just looked at Dizzy Dolphin, my only problem would be.... if I make out an order, they will get back to me with a price. I would hate for them to go through all of that trouble and I chose not to go with them. When they give you a price, is it per item or just a total? What I do like about GG is you know the prices going in. I won't pay GG prices for bacon.... holy moly, $10 a pound. Even though I know prices are high and I get why they are I just can't justify that for bacon, we will do without. RC cola absolutely, less then a $1 a can. I wouldn't pay that at home but again, I get it (actually no I don't I don't get it I don't care for RC lol. My husband and son do).

They get back to you pretty fast with a price and they price it out per item and then total it. And you can add and remove things. They are fantastic. They will go anywhere and get anything you may need.

They get back to you pretty fast with a price and they price it out per item and then total it. And you can add and remove things. They are fantastic. They will go anywhere and get anything you may need.

Thanks, you've given me something to think about.

I've used Dizzy Dolphin twice. Once was our very first grocery order in October. I was very happy. I selected them because they were able to get some hard to find cider that the others didn't offer. Prices didn't seem too high to me but, frankly, I'm happy to be able to pay someone to get what I want instead of using vacation time to grocery shop.

I also used Dizzy Dolphin in December to put together a very last minute gift basket for some friends (I had their arrival date wrong). Dizzy Dolphin put together an incredible gift in minimal time!

I also really like how their business got started :)

I'm currently preparing my February order to submit.

I used to use WeGoShop, but have used Dizzy Dolphin twice now and love them! So easy to work with and very flexible. Just placed my order for April's trip!

I received an email from Owner's Locker. They had to raise their prices for the first time due to the restrictions that Disney has placed on them.

Can you tell me when you got the email and what it said? I have Owner's Locker and have not received any email and nothing on its site mentions a price increase.

Can you tell me when you got the email and what it said? I have Owner's Locker and have not received any email and nothing on its site mentions a price increase.

I got the email on the 11th.

Dear Owner's Locker Members,

Please read this email very carefully.

We reluctantly need to adjust our pricing beginning February 1st, 2017. Our prices have been unchanged since we launched in 2007 even though our costs have risen significantly since then. Recent restrictions by Disney about where the purple van can park at the resorts has dramatically affected our delivery efficiency unfortunately making a price change imperative.

We are pleased to now offer monthly billing, but only if you choose, as opposed to the yearly payment in advance.

Effective February 1, 2017, the cost of the Value Plan will go from $79 to $85 per year or $8.50 per month. The cost of the Moderate Plan will be $105 instead of $99, or $10.50 per month. The Deluxe Plan will be $190 per year instead of $179 or $19 per month for the first Locker and $150 for an additional Locker or $15 per month. The new extra Visit charge will be $27.50 instead of the current $25 for the first Locker and $13.75 for an additional Locker.

The annual plan price changes (and monthly billing if you choose) will go into effect on your Anniversary Date. The new extra Visit charge will go into effect Feb 1.

The annual plan price change will be automatic and you need do nothing. If you would like to switch to monthly billing you can choose that option on your dashboard and it will go into effect on your Anniversary Date.

We are also in the process of adding PayPal as a payment option which should be in place during February. When it is effective, you will see PayPal in the drop down box of payment options.

Coupled with this price increase will be an increase in the hourly pay rate for the crew at Team Purple. You may not have seen many of our team but I think you will agree that they do a spectacular job. They are beyond loyal but their pay has not increased since we launched in 2007.

Thanks for understanding and thanks for being a fantastic customer.

John and the crew at Team Purple

Thanks. That is not bad, particularly considering OL has been at the same price for many years. The main problem OL might face with the increase is the promotional value of charging $99 a year for the most popular moderate plan, which made purchasers think "wow, less than $100." You cannot get the same promo value from saying "only $105."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter