Garden Grill

tammydel

A true blue DISer!
Hello all!
Yesterday was my 60 mark and I was able to get everything we wanted for our 8 day trip, except Garden Grill. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about why it would be harder than Chef Mickey, Topolino’s, Tusker House, Beaches and Cream? I was trying for day 7 of my trip, when I couldn’t get it I tried all the days, no luck.
Thank you for any ideas or insight!

That's interesting. We loved Garden Grill on our last trip. The character interaction was great (even distanced), the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. My guess is that it might be harder right now because of the characters and fewer character dining experiences are available right now. Keep checking because as they open more you might find openings.

When we were booking ADR's for our Jan 2022 trip at 60 days out, Garden Grill wasn't available either for 60+10 days. It then was available all kinds of times a few weeks later. It seems like those reservations were released late sometimes.

Def something going on with ADR's being released later... happened with Kona cafe... zero times at the 60 day window, but then a bunch of times were released a few weeks later. Same with Oga's.... no times past 7 pm and then later a bunch of late night times released. I think it has something to do with places that had modified hours or that were not open during the re-opening period. Just keep checking back...

Not sure what's going on but just wanted to add that I had the same experience on Tuesday -- tried for Garden Grill at any time of day for three days of my trip and there was absolutely nothing available. I was able to get some other ADRs that are traditionally tough to get (and even saw Space 220 available but we'd decided against it), but absolutely nada for GG. I'm thinking either they haven't released it into the system yet, or the capacity is so reduced that it has become harder to get than just about anything else. I'll check back every so often to see if I can get it. I'll post if I ever see it open!

Just an FYI if you can't get it. We waitlisted for it while in the park, during an insanely busy day, and got right in. Hope isn't lost if you cannot get an ADR

Reactions: KSL

Maybe they are holding back some reservations at Epcot restaurants for the meals with concert seating for food and wine? Idk. Hope you get it

Hello, wanted to report back that just after 6:00am today, I received an alert (that I'd set up through one of the free services) that there was a Garden Grill reservation matching my dates/times/party size. I logged in and sure enough, LOTS of Garden Grill availability! I'm thinking they must've just loaded my date(s) today. For anyone still looking, go give it a try today! Good luck!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured if people are searching for Garden Grill they may look here and this will help. I noticed for me, looking for a party of 3 always came up with no results. If I changed that to party of 4, it would start showing me results. So if you’re seeing nothing - try changing to a different party size/even number? and maybe it will be more successful! You can modify it to your actual party size after you’ve booked. Hope this helps!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured if people are searching for Garden Grill they may look here and this will help. I noticed for me, looking for a party of 3 always came up with no results. If I changed that to party of 4, it would start showing me results. So if you’re seeing nothing - try changing to a different party size/even number? and maybe it will be more successful! You can modify it to your actual party size after you’ve booked. Hope this helps!
Yes, unfortunately the Disney ADR system doesn’t like odd numbers! And don’t worry about modifying to a lower number party size after booking - there’s no penalty for showing up with fewer than booked, as long as at least one person shows up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter