• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Grill?

lnh'smom

DIS Veteran
We decided to try Garden Grill this time. (We're up for anything new!:scared1:) Can anyone tell me what characters are there or what they have to eat? :confused3 Or even any opinions? TIA!

I like GG. We love to sit in the outer ring of booths. As the restaurant rotates around, at times it feels like you are the only ones in the place!

We see Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip n' Dale

We have had some great character interaction here :)

I'll be checking for responses to this too. We have booked it for the first time in late June and are really looking forward to it!

I've been there about 10-15 times in the past 4 years. I love it:

Food:
Flank Steak
Turkey
Breaded Catfish

Broccoliini
Mashed Potatos

Dessert is seasonal, but are all good

Kids:
Chicken Nuggets
Mac & Cheese
Fries
Build your own cupcake dessert

Veggie Cus Cus is also an option

Charaters: Farmer Mickey and his dog Pluto...and the jokesters Chip and Dale

Is it actually rotating still? I heard a while ago that it was broken, and every time I've been by it's never rotating!

Is it actually rotating still? I heard a while ago that it was broken, and every time I've been by it's never rotating!

It only rotates when it's open. It broke in mid-December and last I heard they were still getting it repaired. It was the original motor from when it first opened. I hope it's working again when I'm there in August.

We loved this character meal.:lovestruc It is relatively quiet and more relaxed for 2 reasons.:teacher: First, because of the rotation set-up, you aren't sitting in some cavernous loud room:ssst:; and second, it is served family style, so there isn't constant commotion running to the buffett lines.:teleport: The character interaction was great and the food was different from your typical Disney meal(chicken fingers and mac and cheese).:thumbsup2

We also like the quietness of GG compared to other character meal locations. :thumbsup2 And we've always enjoyed the food; it's not gourmet, but everything we've had has been cooked properly and fresh-tasting.

Agree with all these posts.
Good food, quieter atmosphere, and great characters. This is actually our favorite character meal:confused3.
It was rotating in Jan 2009 !

Definitely request the outer booths. The food is pretty good (not wonderful, but pretty good). The kids loved the characters and ate well. They also liked the scenes you could see while it rotated (which is why you want the outer booths).

It is good to get a FP for Soarin' and then go to the GG. By the time you are done, it is time to use your FP.

It is good to get a FP for Soarin' and then go to the GG. By the time you are done, it is time to use your FP.

That is exactly what we did!! We loved this Character Dinner because it was alot more quiet and there are really times you feel like the only one there. Characters were great especially Chip and Dale. Food was good and a nice variety. Also loved the rotating resturant. It goes very slow and I don't think we even made a 1/4 rotation.

I really like the restaurant. The menu is limited but the atmosphere is great and the characters are unique. I don't think you can get pics with the farmer characters anywhere else.

Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter