Garden Grill with no kids

piccolopat

DIS Veteran
DH and I remember and loved when the Garden Grill was known as the Good Turn Restaurant. We'll be down in December and thinking about going. Since we won't have kids with us (DD is now 28) and we have no real interest in the characters, is it worth it for old time's sake? Also, can the two of us get a lower booth? We have no interest in the upper level. Thanks!

DH and I remember and loved when the Garden Grill was known as the Good Turn Restaurant. We'll be down in December and thinking about going. Since we won't have kids with us (DD is now 28) and we have no real interest in the characters, is it worth it for old time's sake? Also, can the two of us get a lower booth? We have no interest in the upper level. Thanks!
Absolutely! Last year we went to Garden Grill for dinner on our arrival day and it was 3 of us adults, no kids. It ended up being our favorite meal of the whole trip. When we checked in for our ADR, we had asked for a booth on the lower level and they accomodated with no issue and we were seated right at our adr time. I have seen 2 people seated in those booths, so that shouldn't be an issue at all. We loved it there, the food was so good and we even enjoyed the character interaction.

DH and I ate there last year and we don't have kids. The food was really good and we enjoyed the characters. We were given a lower level booth for just the two of us and it was great - it was like having a private dining room.

Heading down in December...2 Adults and was hesitant to do a character meal. Garden Grill is one of my favorites, after reading this I think I am going to start looking for reservations.

Our first trip to WDW together me and then DBf (now DH!) sat in a lower booth and as it was so private and romantic we had a kiss-just as the chipmunk boys appeared...They were taking the mickey (pardon the pun) and laughing and teasing us, then Dale was trying to steal our dessert as he seemed to think we were otherwise engaged...

I've gone several times with no kids. Food is good. Nice place to go.
I have an ADR for Jan. with BBF......but we enjoy the characters too.

I went with my SIL in 2011 just the 2 of us for Girls Trip we did GG and really enjoyed it....food wasn't our favorite (not bad just not our favorites) but the characters were fun and we got a lot of great photos it was a nice evening

I'm thinking of going solo in March 2016. I just can't decide - it's been on my list of restaurants to try for awhile.

I did CRT solo last trip and had a nice time - and the princesses were happy to sign their books (I brought little golden books with me for them to sign for my niece and nephews).

Well, I'm going to disagree, as seeing you have no interest in the characters there are much better and less expensive food options in Epcot.

Good to read about good experienced at GG- we're thinking of it for our next trip, and like you we're just adults.

I'm intrigued by the levels people are talking about: what is the layout like if there are different levels? We didn't go inside GG last time, so I can't picture it!

Thanks!

The GG is nothing like the old restaurant, so be prepared for that. The old restaurant was run by Kraft, right? I remember Mikey shaped butter from there, not just Mikey's head, but the entire Mickey, hand in the air and everything (a bit over kill for one waffle). Also everything was super cheesy.

I'd guess you could request a booth at check in, but be prepared to wait if they don't have one available. That said, I've done GG A LOT and the only times I didn't get put in a booth was when I had a child in a high chair.

Good to read about good experienced at GG- we're thinking of it for our next trip, and like you we're just adults.

I'm intrigued by the levels people are talking about: what is the layout like if there are different levels? We didn't go inside GG last time, so I can't picture it!

Thanks!

Think of it like a tiered wedding cake. It's round (and spins - very slowly). The bottom tier is all U shaped booths (I think, they may have other shapes that I haven't sat in), facing outwards, the top tier is tables.

Personally I wouldn't go as just adults. We were not overly impressed with the food last year when we went. The character interaction was the best part and that doesn't appear to be something you are interested in.

GG is one of my very favorite still! I made a reservation for this place in April and had to give it up because I messed up my food budget and it was GG or Cape May :sad1: and the kids voted Cape May. Anyway, it's been 3 or 4 years since we've been, but we have an ADR for a week from Sunday and I'm so excited! My kids are 18 and 12, way too old for characters, but we love it there!
Its totally fine for you if you don't have kids. I still love the food. Love that they serve it family style...as much as you want. The turkey is awesome and we love the bread. Hope you enjoy! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter