Garden Grill or Via Napoli???

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DisneyHolidayFan, Aug 24, 2013.

1. DisneyHolidayFan

DisneyHolidayFan DIS Veteran

Several years ago, GG was our absolute favorite place! Then we had two bad experiences (one a few yrs. ago and then again in April 2013). Recently, I have read many positive reviews and am hoping that it has improved. It is between GG and Via Napoli's. Would really love to give GG another try but don't know if it is worth giving up VN. Please help me to decide!!!! :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nickeymouse

nickeymouse DIS Veteran

My advice is to Garden Grill...the food is fresher and it has more of an excitement to it...but if you want italian, then dont do it haha. I would go for GG :beach:

4. JDis1015

JDis1015 Earning My Ears

DH and I do GG every trip, usually the last night as a last hurrah! I've had nothing but wonderful experiences. Last trip was February 2013 and it was wonderful.

5. Belle's Castle

Belle's Castle Mouseketeer

I say stick with VN. We were at both places in early August. VN was amazing!! The pizza was so yummy and the risotto balls were wonderful! We actually thought that GG had the worst food we ever had at Disney. Everything was salty and the service was horrible. The restaurant was dirty and and just yucky. In our opinion the place and food was gross.

6. stormer

stormer DIS Veteran

Our two favorite places to eat in Epcot! I think you will be happy with either choice so I would base it on what type of food you are in the mood for. We ate at GG a few days ago and the food was excellent. We are eating at VN tomorrow night.

7. corneredbycorn

corneredbycorn Mouseketeer

Via Napoli. We thought it was so nice, we ate there twice! We're already booked there twice again on our upcoming trip.

8. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I'd stick with via. Food is amazing!

9. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Unless you have kids who want the character interaction Id go with Via Napoli. It's probably my favorite place in the park. The food is great and the prices aren't as overinflated as some of the others.

10. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Via Napoli! GG was our favorite restaurant back when they were not a character meal and had a normal menu so sad over the change. Love Via Napoli but I am thinking it depends on if you have kids or love Italian.

11. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

Garden Grill!

12. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I was at GG last week. Had not been since Aug. of last year. Not thrilled with the new menu. Nothing was *bad* and service was great, but I felt it was WAY overpriced (even by WDW standards) at $83.05 for two of us.

13. SpectroMagic*o*

SpectroMagic*o* Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

VIA NAPOLI!!! Omg it's my fave dinner in Epcot, easily. Very good authentic Italian food. Some people are disappointed with it bc they are expecting American Italian food but its so delicious if you appreciate the authenticity.

14. DisneyHolidayFan

DisneyHolidayFan DIS Veteran

Via Napoli's it is!!!! Thanks for replying! :)