• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Grill or Liberty Tree Tavern?

Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grill?

• Liberty Tree Tavern

• Garden Grill

Results are only viewable after voting.
That was a super hard question.
I went w/ the Garden Grill because seeing the Chipmunks in their overalls was WAY too cute :)

LTT for dinner is one of our favorites. I have ate at Garden Grill just once. That was in 1995. I really can't speak for it, since then. We eat at LTT at least every other trip. It is set in Colonial times. The characters are Minnie and Friends... Chip and Dale, Goofy. The food is like Thanksgiving dinner. It is served Family style, which means they bring it out in bowls or platters, you ask for what you want more of. It is all very good. There is Turkey, Ham, Flank Steak for the meats, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, rolls, green beans, salad, I love salad, I always get more. The apple pie is wonderful. I believe the menu is listed at www.allearsnet.com there is much more.

It is one price per person. I hope this helps.:thumbsup2

I chose LTT. I have to be honest though. I've never eaten there but I have eaten at the GG and we didn't like it at all.

Food had no flavor. Mickey was not in character.

Service was good, but we had to wait 15 min. to get seated at our 4pm ADR when the restaurant was empty.

I have eaten at both in my last couple of trips, and I have to say Garden Grill is a bit better. Very hard question though. They both have great character interaction, and both are family style. I like the Garden Grill better because it is a little quieter and a bit more cozy. The restaurant rotates and gives views from the Living with the Land ride, you have a bit more privacy while you eat, and the food is just a bit higher quality, IMHO, than Liberty Tree.

That said, I have ADRs for both Garden Grill and Liberty Tree on my upcoming trip. :goodvibes

I liked both. GG was great because it wasn't busy so the characters spent a LOT of time with us, almost to much time it took us for ever to eat but it was FUN, I liked the food better at LTT and they characters were good but didn't have as much time with us. We are going back to both places in May.

That was a super hard question.
I went w/ the Garden Grill because seeing the Chipmunks in their overalls was WAY too cute :)

although I was primarily asking about the food - this answer might have just swung it for me!!!:rotfl: My all time favourite characters looking extra cute and adorable - how can I miss this!!:rotfl: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

i voted garden grill w/out hesitation... better food, better character interaction, more peaceful, and better characters (you just cannot beat the "big cheese" himself! LOL!)

although I was primarily asking about the food - this answer might have just swung it for me!!!:rotfl: My all time favourite characters looking extra cute and adorable - how can I miss this!!:rotfl: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

They really are adorable :love:

Let's see if I can post a pic...
6608Dale-thumb.jpg

We didn't care for the LTT..the food was dry and overcooked...We will not return in August...;)

Liberty Tree Tavern --for Lunch only--we love the menu, especially the cheese sticks.;)

Liberty Tree Tavern. How much better can it be seeing the characters in colonial costumes? The food is great, atmosphere is great, character interaction is great, and it's in MK! :banana:

LTT for lunch is great- but we found dinner to be a dried out Thanksgiving meal.

GG - we loved it. We ahd the adult meal plus the kids mac & cheese, french fries and chicken fingers. Lunch and Dinner are both great.

Hands down Garden Grill. Ate at both last fall.

LTT we were packed in like sardines and could hear everyone's conversation, and at GG we had our own booth and felt like we had it to ourselves. I also enjoyed the changing scenery.

LTT the characters were rushed and because of lack of room just couldn't get decent pictures, GG they were so cute in their outfits, spent alot of time and even sat in booth.

LTT food was like a frozen dinner and our table so small the food hardly fit on table, GG the food was very good and I loved the catfish even though I do not like catfish.

I voted for LTT for character and ambience, but I think the food at GG is much better. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

GG has to be our families favorite restaurant at Disney. Food is excellent!!! If you like southern style cooking you will love this place. The catfish is great!! The kids love seeing Mickey and Chip and Dale. Pluto is also making the rounds. We always sit in the booths. Very quiet and great scenery.

We have never tried LTT but are hoping to give it a try in April.

GG has to be our families favorite restaurant at Disney. Food is excellent!!! If you like southern style cooking you will love this place. The catfish is great!! The kids love seeing Mickey and Chip and Dale. Pluto is also making the rounds. We always sit in the booths. Very quiet and great scenery.

We have never tried LTT but are hoping to give it a try in April.

I will be going to LTT for the first time this AUgust. I am not excited about it because I am not a big fan of Thanksgiving type foods on a hot August night. lol But dd really, REALLY wants to see Minnie for a meal, so LTT it is.

No contest - Liberty Tree wins.:cool1:

Loved everything about the place, the theming, the food, the service, the characters - awesome!:thumbsup2

Garden Grille was the one and only horrible dining experience I have ever had at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter