Garden Grill or Chef Mickey's Dinner?

mommy4

DIS Veteran
We will be at Epcot and I already have Princess Storybook for lunch and I had Chef Mickey's for dinner, but I'm trying to decide if I should switch to Garden Grill for dinner instead.
We have 4 kids (7,5,3,and 22months) and the thought of getting to Chef Mickey's with them and a double stroller may be too much. And I kind of like the idea of the family styler at Garden Grill.
What do you think?
Thanks

We are doing Garden Grill for dinner. I have a 20 month old and I like the idea of them bringing food to you. We have a few other buffets booked, but they tend to be load. Garden Grill is much more of a calm dining experience from what I have heard.

Oh my gosh definitely go for garden grill i've always had such yummy things everytime i've gone

I've done both. I like the atmosphere and relaxed setting of the Garden Grill. And the food was really good.

Chef Mickey's is a buffet and much more casual, with mediocre food.

I've been to both and am not in a hurry to go to Chef Mickey's again. Yes, the whole group of main characters are there, but it is packed, loud and chaotic to try to feed myself and my 3 small kids from the buffet while also trying to snap photos. I don't remember the dinner food being anything special, breakfast was better. Garden Grill is very quiet and more relaxing, plus the food was delicious and very, very fresh. The fruits(in the dessert) and veggies are grown onsite in the Land pavilion. Our service at our one and only visit was not that great, but the food and atmosphere were so good we are going again. Ride the Land boat ride first, then request to sit on the lower level. The kids will like seeing the scenery from the ride again.

Hope that helps!

Have fun!

IF it were me, I would stick with Garden Grill, simply b/c you will already be in EPCOT. If it weren't for that, I would say Chef Mickey's, I liked the food better at chef mickey's but it will be much more convenient for you to stay at Epcot with the kiddos

I've been to both and am not in a hurry to go to Chef Mickey's again. Yes, the whole group of main characters are there, but it is packed, loud and chaotic to try to feed myself and my 3 small kids from the buffet while also trying to snap photos. I don't remember the dinner food being anything special, breakfast was better. Garden Grill is very quiet and more relaxing, plus the food was delicious and very, very fresh. The fruits(in the dessert) and veggies are grown onsite in the Land pavilion. Our service at our one and only visit was not that great, but the food and atmosphere were so good we are going again. Ride the Land boat ride first, then request to sit on the lower level. The kids will like seeing the scenery from the ride again.

Hope that helps!

Have fun!

Couldn't have said it better myself! Agree 100%. We're going to Garden Grill again next year too. Chip and Dale were great!:thumbsup2

If you are already at Epcot then it will be a LOT easier to end up at the Garden Grill for dinner. However I like Chef Mickeys a lot more. It's such a fun place. The food is typical Disney buffet but it's always been one of the most fun meals of our trip.

Where are you ending up? After dinner are you going back to the hotel or staying out for one of the night events?? That would make a difference too.

We will probably going back to the resort after dinner. We should be done with Epcot by then. I thought maybe my 3 older boys would like to ride the monorail, so that is why I picked Chef Mickey's in the first place.

Oh decisions, decisions!:confused3

I've changed my mind so many times! I'm a planning freak!:rotfl:

I like them both but with your children I would recommend Chef Mickeys. enjoy

Garden Grill is family style with a more limited menu. Chef Mickey's is a buffet with a larger, but some consider, mediocre menu. The characters are both good and Mickey is at both, but GG is way more relaxed than CM. That said, some ppl love the rowdiness. HTH~

I would definitely go with Garden Grill. As others have said, a much more relaxed atmosphere and you'll be right there. Buffets at character meals have never made much sense to me, since you get up to get your food and end up missing a character. This happened to us last year at Crystal Palace and my 4 year old daughter was still waiting to see Pooh long after we got our check. Not to mention having to help 4 kids at the buffet - I much prefer having the food put down on the table in front of us. Also the character interaction at GG is fantastic. Each time we've gone, we've seen each character multiple times. We'll be going there again on our trip later this month and can't wait. But we have not booked any of the buffets.

I have done both and I like the GG better. I think you’ll kids will love the rotating restaurant, especially while they are over the farmhouse of the Living with the Land ride. The only caveat is that the menu has fewer choices. Go to wdwinfo.com or allears.net and make sure you and your kids will enjoy the menu. If so I say go for it.

I have been to both and they both have pros and cons. CM's has ok food, is noisier and busier because of the buffett, but a ton of fun for the kids.:woohoo: They wave napkins and hoot and holler for the characters. GG is much more quiet and I loved the fact that your meal is calmer; this is mainly due to the fact that you're not taking turns running to the buffett. We had lunch there and the food was delicious; we liked everything. popcorn:: The characters came to our table 2 or 3 times and the restaurant was packed. You can't go wrong with either; quieter and better food--GG, more fun but so-so food--CM.:thumbsup2

I thought the charcters were very good at CM but the food was not. Never been to GG so take it for what it's worth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter