Garden Grill... Any good?

Super Momma

Earning My Ears
Hi There.
I was wondering what everyone thought about the Garden Grill. My kids love Chip and Dale. We have never gone to the Garden Grill but was wondering if it was worth it.
TIA
:wave:

Out of 6 character meals that my family has eaten at on various WDW trips (some multiple times) the Garden Grill is our favorite one. The food is great, the atmosphere is great and the character interaction is the best we've ever experienced.

We eat at Garden Grill also. One of the kids favorite meals. Mine are older but still enjoy some of the characters such as Pluto and the Chipmunks. We enjoy this resturant a great deal.

Kelly

My family also loves the Garden Grill. It's one of our favorite restaurants.

Thanks. I am relieved. :yay: I've made a reservation already. I was a little worried as I had read some mixed reviews about it. The Chipmunks are very big in our family so it was high on my list of Character meals. Mickey is a bonus for me but not the main attraction for my boys. :goodvibes

I took my two nephews and sister there in August and was pleasantly surprised. Be sure to bring an appetite and lots of film. The character interaction was great and the food plentiful.

It is a place I'd go back to.

Another vote for GG. We have always enjoyed it--food, service, character interaction--it's all good!

Loved it. We were there in 9/30 and can't believe we waited so long. In fact DD loved it so much (and me too) that I changed out Candlelight Proc ADR to be at Garden Grill instead of Teppanyaki! DD LOVES Chip & Dale!

GG is one of our "must do" ADRs each trip. The food is good and a little different from the other restaurants, the whole rotating restaurant with different views is sooo cool, and it is fun to see Mickey in farmer clothes! (Chip and Dale are cute too) Another bonus-it is one of the calmer character meals that I have been to-I don't like busy and chaotic when I'm dining. :thumbsup2

I was there in September with a friend and her family and we did not like it. The food was okay - turkey was the best but I have been to better. The characters were not that interactive at all. Chip and Dale passed right by us every time. Mickey and Pluto were the BEST though.

I would not go here again. Oh and if it is a warmer day outside and you sit on the end seats you will get dripped on all night from the a/c vent above your head....talk about annoying!!!

Glad to hear all the positives! We are eating at Garden Grill on Christmas day.....looking forward to it!

We have never tried GG in all of our trips. But I do want to try it next time. Glad to hear so many positive reviews.

Garden Grill was our favourite character dining! Great atomsphere, Good food (I love the catfish, frank steak a lot!), and excellent service! We stayed there for an hour or so, and Mickey etc has come for 4 rounds!

I was sharing some of the pictures we took in August with my sister yesterday, and it was easy to see how much fun my 4 YO DGD and my 22 YO niece had with the characters. The interation was very god, the food was good, service excellent. We did not need to leave the table for our food, so it was a relaxed meal, and because the booths seemed to be more private, both girls were not self conscious with the characters.

We have eaten and just about all of the Character Meals and this one is our favorite. The food is pretty good, but the Character interaction is wonderful. They actually spend a little time with you!!!! The revolving room is pretty cool as well and you can see a part of a very cool ride in Living With The Land.

We enjoyed our visit last Friday.

The turkey is kind of dry (I don't think any place at Walt Disney World knows how to cook turkey; all are dry).

The beef was pretty good, veggies really good, potatoes really good. The rolls were okay. I wish they could be hot. Catfish, especially if hot, is good and the tartar sauce is extra good.

My kids liked the mac and cheese, chicken tenders, and french fries (available on request).

From my limited peaks in the "kitchen" in the middle, it looks like stuff is cooked elsewhere and trayed in. It must be fairly close though, as the food was hot. Maybe all the food isn't prepared this way, but I know some of it is. I saw the large trays and rewarmers in the middle of the restaurant a few times.

Just got back from WDW :sad2: Had a character lunch at GG. It was excellent. Character interaction is great. My advice is get to Epcot early enjoy the rides etc and have an early lunch say 11.30. That way you get even more charachter interaction.

We love Garden Grill! We haven't been since the new menu, but we will be eating there during our upcoming trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter