• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gap in Magic Schedule?

rillsung

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else notice this? The Magic has it's last Western starting on March 24, 2011 and doesn't sail out of NY until May 25. What's it doing in between there?

I read on another board this:

Until she is repositioned to New York, the Disney Magic will sail out of Port Canaveral on seven-night Caribbean itineraries and four- and five-night Bahamian cruises.

Did anyone else notice this? The Magic has it's last Western starting on March 24, 2011 and doesn't sail out of NY until May 25. What's it doing in between there?

Did you mean 2012? Because the last Magic cruise in the Caribbean departs May 7, 2011 if I'm not mistaken (and my Western aboard the Magic departs April 30 :woohoo:)

more then likely she will be in a major drydock... they normally last about 2 weeks but they may be planning some major overhaul to the ship

She will be due for dry dock in 2012, since the wonder is going in 2011. Though normally its done in the fall.

ooo if she goes through some updates before moving to NY, hmmm I might just have to go on her again. :)

I read 4 and 5 night Bahamian cruises too...Hoping for a double dip.

When was the Magic last in drydock?

I know it's been at least a year since the last drydock for the Magic, so I would assume it is due for another.

I know that we were told last year that the Magic is due a mayor dry dock next year with a lot of structural work scheduled to be done. So maybe that accounts for some of the gap.

Corinna

Oy yes I do mean 2012. I don't even see a repo listed to get the ship to NY. But a 2mo drydock? That seems very long to me (not that I really would know).

They're listed in another thread here on the cruise board, although I couldn't get them to come up earlier today on DCL's site. No double dip, but a 5 night out of PC w/ Key West, Nassau, & CC.

I wonder if the Magic will be in drydock on the way up to NYC (possibly in Norfolk since they didn't like the work that was done in Nassau) and then continue on to NYC with no passengers after drydock.....:confused3:confused:

Hope not!!!

MJ

I wonder if the Magic will be in drydock on the way up to NYC (possibly in Norfolk since they didn't like the work that was done in Nassau) and then continue on to NYC with no passengers after drydock.....:confused3:confused:

Hope not!!!

MJ

:sad2::sad2: I hope not too.

Hope not!!!

MJ

There would not be time. The Magic will return to Port Canaveral on May 23rd from a 5 night cruise and the first cruise from New York is May 25th. So there are only two days. I assume that they will reposition her empty.

I cannot spot any gap at all for dry dock and most certainly not for the kind of extensive dry dock that has been discussed in the past. The last Canadian cruise finishes September 17th and the first cruise out of Galveston is September 22nd. So I assume that again they are repositioning her empty.

Corinna

There would not be time. The Magic will return to Port Canaveral on May 23rd from a 5 night cruise and the first cruise from New York is May 25th. So there are only two days. I assume that they will reposition her empty.

I cannot spot any gap at all for dry dock and most certainly not for the kind of extensive dry dock that has been discussed in the past. The last Canadian cruise finishes September 17th and the first cruise out of Galveston is September 22nd. So I assume that again they are repositioning her empty.

Corinna

Aha....I did not see the May 23rd dates as the last PC itinerary. That makes sense, then.

MJ

Corinna

Ok...I just checked the DCL site and I don't see any of the PC itineraries....can you direct me where you saw the Magic PC cruises in May of 2012.

Thanks.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter