Games with prizes?

aylnine

Earning My Ears
Leaving on our cruise day after tomorrow, so of course there's a last minute question lying around :rotfl:

Which interactive games (trivia, etc) had prizes we can win? I've heard of Magic Quest, but is that only on the Disney Magic?

Trivia, scavenger hunt, bingo, races, fantasy sports drafts, pub quiz, family game shows, match your mate......and pretty much anything in the D Lounge.

Other places that have drawings, no contest:
DVC meeting - usually a credit against our room charges.
Shopping presentation - different gifts from the shops that are mentioned.

DW and I have gotten bags, hats, and other DVC merchandise at the DVC meetings.
Got a bottle of tequila at the shopping presentation.

Most contest prizes are a key chain or some sort of pin. Match Your Mate has had many spa certificates issues to the participants. Trivia is typically the key chain or pin. The DVC presentation gives always a pad-folio and a sling backpack with a chance to win some pins on DVC trivia. DVC also has a raffle for a $100-200 (non-refundable) on board credit.

On our April fantasy cruise the prizes for the trivia games and guess games was a plastic medal. No key chains or hats as they did in the past.

We've won a couple of different little knick knacks playing trivia games and such on different sailings on the Magic. Won a couple of trading pins for one trivia game. Won plastic medals and gold coins for a family trivia game and then a picture frame from another game. These were all family games in Studio Sea.

Nothing big, but lots of fun to play! ::yes::

I just won a Disney Vacation Club Steamboat Willy trading pin on this past Dream Cruise (8-31-2014). It was definitely different than other prizes and I really liked it.

On the Magic last November, we won DCL earbuds for music trivia. We've also won spa prizes simply for touring the spa on both of our 2013 cruises. Very nice!

Who wants to be a Mousekateer. There's a participants pin and a trophy if you answer all of the questions correctly (7 I think)

The weather was so crummy during our cruise last fall that bingo was always busy, and they even added extra sessions. A couple times they would pick someone at random (actually 'Betty' picked) to win various prizes. During one session they had 10 gift bags to gave out, and we got one. It included a DCL notebook, water bottle, ear buds, lip balm and a few other little things. I spent waaaaay more than that in bingo fees, but I was still happy to get it!

How much does it cost to play bingo?
It varies from $40 to $80 each a different option. The $40 option is typically just two sets of paper cards, with the other packages offering electronic handsets with various counts of "electronic" cards on them (and one set of paper cards).

On mega-jackpot sessions, the cost of the options go up. The most I paid for a 72-card electronic handset was $70. That's for 4 games in the session. The least I paid, last cruise, was a 50% off special and was $35 for a 72-card electronic handset (plus one paper card set). That's the lowest I have ever paid and of the 10s of sessions I have been in throughout the past two years, I have never seen that offered before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter