Games of the XXX Olympiad Official Thread

What the heck??? They cut to a premier of their new crappy show and make us wait an hour to watch the rest of the closing ceremonies?

Hogwash.

I thought they said the closing ceremonies were over but they would show some of the after party later tonight?

I really don't like that they used the Olympics to premiere 2 of their new shows. And they cut off Muse?? We're taping it so DD can watch it later but my DS is going to be so pissed about that. He LOVES Muse.

What the heck??? They cut to a premier of their new crappy show and make us wait an hour to watch the rest of the closing ceremonies?

Hogwash.

They did that at the Vancouver games too. Cut it off right before the concert portion to premier that Seinfeld show...forgot what it was called as that show was rather forgettable.

Apparently they are showing the rest of the closing ceremonies from 11:30pm-2:20am. What a massively epic fail. As I read somewhere else, if they cut the end of the Super Bowl to show a new show for the Spring, heads would roll. I realize there's a tape delay but for goodness sake, quit cutting the Games up like a Wedding Quilt!

OK, so the Kate Bush appearance was just a rumor...all the people I had hoped to see weren't there: Bush, Bowie, Gilmore, Gabriel.....would have gladly traded Spice Girls and Michaels!!!! AH well,...

and NBC is horrendous as usual.....I believe they cut Muse, their song was the official song of the Olympics!!!!

Kate Bush DID perform- Annie Lennox and Muse, too. NBC cut them from the broadcast. I am beyond upset- Kate Bush was one of the only reasons I really wanted to watch.

Another reason I was one of the folks who was unhappy with NBC's coverage of the Olympics...

I was disappointed that Duran Duran did not make an appearance. I was DYING for a performance of 'Rio'! :(

I admit I didn't watch all of it........

Was Elton John on? Any icons?

No Sir Elton, but the Who performed (on the late night portion of the coverage AFTER the stupid animal hospital show and the news- grumble, grumble...).

George Michael sang. I think one of the members of Pink Floyd performed with a different singer (not a Pink Floyd fan...)

Brian May of Queen played and big screens showed Freddie Mercury "interacting" with the crowd- that was pretty cool.

Ray Davies of the Kinks performed. Eric Idle of Monty Python fame sang "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life"- funny!!

Kate Bush sang. Annie Lennox sang. Muse performed. All were cut from the NBC coverage. Boo, NBC!!! :mad: I think Kaiser Chiefs were cut, too- don't remember seeing them, but there's a photo on the web of them performing.

Spice Girls reunion! One Direction! Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Jesse J! One of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis! Fatboy Slim!

I'm sure there were others I can't remember right now.

You didn't miss Kate Bush as she wasn't there live, just a recording of "Running up that hill". The Kaiser Chiefs did a cover of "Pinball Wizard" with Ricky riding around the arena on the back of a scooter.

You didn't miss Kate Bush as she wasn't there live, just a recording of "Running up that hill". The Kaiser Chiefs did a cover of "Pinball Wizard" with Ricky riding around the arena on the back of a scooter.

Oh! I thought I heard she actually performed. Glad I didn't miss her. Sad that there were some performances that got cut, though.

Kate Bush DID perform- Annie Lennox and Muse, too. NBC cut them from the broadcast. I am beyond upset- Kate Bush was one of the only reasons I really wanted to watch.

Another reason I was one of the folks who was unhappy with NBC's coverage of the Olympics...

she did?!

I didn't catch it in live feed - I was just checking in here and there knowing I would be watching again in evening.

Then, they skipped it in evening and I read that they just used the new remix of "Runnin'...", not her live. (ETA: OK, catching up here...see it was just a recording...)

Now I am so miffed...NBC is the worst.

Also, how do you cut Muse with the commisioned/ official song of the Olympics......!?

Ray Davies got cut, too!! I was really looking forward to seeng him. And, I don't remember George Michael on NBC (I admit, I had to pck up my DD at one point and missed about 20 minutes). Was his segment shown wth the supermodels? I think he sang "Freedom"...

I wll be looking for the online replay of the feed- hope we can watch that for the full coverage.

Ray Davies got cut, too!! I was really looking forward to seeng him. And, I don't remember George Michael on NBC (I admit, I had to pck up my DD at one point and missed about 20 minutes). Was his segment shown wth the supermodels? I think he sang "Freedom"...

I wll be looking for the online replay of the feed- hope we can watch that for the full coverage.
George Michael & Annie Lennox were both on the NBC version. I didn't watch consistently, but I did see both of them.

NBC did not cut Annie Lennox (Though I could've done without her) or George Michael

But if you're going to say say things like,

It's just that I've seen an over the top amount of complaining on the DIS about the coverage, but personally haven't heard it anywhere else.

all the while not even bothering to look at even two of the more popular social networking sites, we can clearly conclude that your statement should be checked up on. And such a check reveals that yes indeed, it is being discussed quite a bit. You just didn't bother to take a look.

Ok, let me rephrase that to your satisfaction:

It's just that I've seen an over the top amount of complaining on the DIS about the coverage, but personally haven't heard it anywhere else, including places I haven't been.

Kate Bush did not perform, I was in the audience in the stadium and she is not mentioned in the programme I have in front of me from last night.

From your list of performers you missed Take That who are the biggest boy (well by now man!!) band in UK history. They were amazing. To hear the words Gary Barlow was singing considering his recent tragedy (for those of you who do not know, his daughter Poppy was still born last weekend) was just out of this world. He did our country proud.

Kate Bush did not perform, I was in the audience in the stadium and she is not mentioned in the programme I have in front of me from last night.

Well, well, well...Ok then, but there's LOTS of other stuff NBC did horribly. :rotfl2:

Well, well, well...Ok then, but there's LOTS of other stuff NBC did horribly. :rotfl2:

I'm sure there was. Haven't watched the NBC coverage, just in person or the good old BBC. But from the comments from the Dis (again just what I am reading, not watching) it doesn't sound too favourable. Let's hope all our news stations do their homework before Rio 2016!!

From your list of performers you missed Take That who are the biggest boy (well by now man!!) band in UK history. They were amazing. To hear the words Gary Barlow was singing considering his recent tragedy (for those of you who do not know, his daughter Poppy was still born last weekend) was just out of this world. He did our country proud.

Again, sorry- I thought I heard she was going to actually appear (there was a rumor going around- I think I mistook it for a fact). When I didn't see her, I assumed she was cut. Now I know that they played her song, but she didn't perform. My bad...

Yes, I remember them now- I am a little old for Take That, so I didn't really note who they were when they performed. Just assumed they were a British boy band that I didn't recognize. So sorry to hear about Gary Barlow's family tragedy. Extremely brave of him to perform.

And to address another poster, I stand by my disappointment in NBC's coverage. Anyone can feel free to disagree- we are all expressing our own opinions, so let's cut all the snark and sarcasm, mmmkay? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter