Galveston Parking ??? Which is the best / Where is Handicap Parking at the Terminal?

Twinsmom05

Earning My Ears
We are sailing in just two days on the Magic.:). We are traveling with my elderly parents who have a handicap tag for their car. Does anyone know how close to the terminal they can park? Is there a shuttle that they can ride back to the terminal?

Also, which is the closest / best place to park in general? I've read about EZ cruise parking and discount cruise parking -- any preference? Is there somewhere else better? How is the "drive-up" terminal parking?

Thanks!

We prefer EZ cruise parking, the lot is secure and is very close to the terminal. They also offer a shuttle to take you to and from the terminal. We have already booked them for our cruise, hope this helps.

We use BOI valet which is right across from the pier. My FIL has a very bad back so we drop him off take the car and walk across the street to the pier. It is also indoor parking.

Definitely drop off your parents and the luggage first. There are several choices for parking, but the shuttle busses are a little cramped and your parents might have a hard time getting on them. There is a drive thru drop off that you can let them off and the luggage at the door. Just inside is a long padded bench that is very comfortable and they can wait for you to park the car and come back. The check in process is very quick, so no waiting in long lines! There isn't anyplace you can park right at the pier. We have used ez cruise twice, the port parking once and Galveston Park n Cruise most recently. It was the most convenient as it is right across from the ship. They also have indoor parking. You can drop them off and walk back across the street. I would advise reserving today online.

One more tip! If you are going to do the drop off, don't go down Harborside. The traffic really backs up. Go down Broadway and turn left on 22nd. That will take you right to the entrance to the drop off area. After you enter the port area, stay to the left and go to terminal 2. Have a great time!

Thanks! We are newbies and I had no idea you had to reserve parking ahead of time! The first company I tried was already booked but EZ still had spots available :)

Again - Thanks!!

~ Momma4Boys ~
Disney World - April 2009
Pretty new to cruising
Carnival Magic - January 2012
Disney Magic - Upcoming December 2012

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter