Galveston Mardi Gras

Paigeanne

Earning My Ears
I just realized that we will be getting off the Magic the day Mardi Gras starts in Galveston. Anybody have any info on the festivities? I had planned to high-tail it straight back to Arkansas, but might have to stick around for such a party!! :joker:

I have never been but I contacted Galveston Mardi Gras. They said it's family friendly during the day and then gets more adult in the evening. they even have a "family gras" on Sunday Feb 3. you do have to buy tickets to get in as well as tickets for different parties.

I used to live there. It's a good time, well-run, and not too out of control like in other places. The parades are fun (and they're all listed on that website). I believe it's $10/person to get down on Strand where the main events are. (Trust me, it's better this way--it was getting to be a big mess before they started charging for it.) Most hotels are booked, but you could probably find something just off the island.

Enjoy! We are leaving on the Mouseboat the day you get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter