• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galveston Info

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
Is there a Galveston info thread? I can't find one. I have been looking at flights and we could get to Texas in 3 hours. This is very appealing. I am trying to figure out where to stay overnight, how to get from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to port without renting a car. Are there any hotels that are best to stay at that provide transportation from Houson Hobby to a hotel and then trasportatin to port? Would like a hotel with a restaurant in it for dinner and breakfast.

Thanks!

Oh and feel free to point me towards the Gàlveston port info thread if I missed it.

Not sure if there is a Galveston thread. Disney has not started sailing from there yet but we live 20 min away and I can tell you that a lot of the hotels offer a free shuttle to the terminal. Galveston is not big so in most cases the travel time from hotel to terminal is just 5-10 minutes.

I don't know about shuttles from Hobby to Galveston but that airport is really close. Without traffic its only about 20 min. Hobby is right next to highway 45S which goes straight into Galveston. You can get a SuperShuttle sedan for $90. You may want to google SuperShuttle (I can't post links).

Here is a listing of Galveston hotels. http://www.galveston.com/islandhotels/

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach three times now and it offered free transportation to and from the port. It was also close to many restaurants and had a free trolley to many of them (among them the Rainforest Cafe--which is just a few blocks away.) I had great rooms each time facing the Gulf. No complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter