• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galveston -- Cruise Transfers from HOU

happymama4874

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

We are on the Feb. 15th sailing of the magic out of Galveston. I have a question about transfers. We have scheduled these through our travel agent. We are flying into Hobby. I noticed that all of the generic cruise docs online only list IAH when it comes to transfers. Should I be worried?

Has anyone done this transfer? I was wondering how it works. How long do you end up waiting to get on the bus? We are flying in early the day of the cruise. We are actually scheduled to be at HOU by 8:30am.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

We are on the Feb. 15th sailing of the magic out of Galveston. I have a question about transfers. We have scheduled these through our travel agent. We are flying into Hobby. I noticed that all of the generic cruise docs online only list IAH when it comes to transfers. Should I be worried?

Has anyone done this transfer? I was wondering how it works. How long do you end up waiting to get on the bus? We are flying in early the day of the cruise. We are actually scheduled to be at HOU by 8:30am.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have much advise, since we will be arriving at IAH the night before, but I wanted to say hello, since we'll be on the same cruise! We have a pretty active group this board http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44027804 & on FB as well. :wave2:

One suggestion is dumping the transfers and seeing if you can rent a car instead. That's what we did and there was no drop off fee. The only additional expense was a cab from the rental place to the ship. Driving instead of the shuttle freed us up to get some booze and check out Galveston.

One suggestion is dumping the transfers and seeing if you can rent a car instead. That's what we did and there was no drop off fee. The only additional expense was a cab from the rental place to the ship. Driving instead of the shuttle freed us up to get some booze and check out Galveston.

I'm so happy to hear someone has successfully rented a car and didn't have a problem. That is our plan for our Jan cruise, one-way car rental which way. Did it take a while to wait for a cab? Thanks!!

Was this with Enterprise?

I called the Galveston office and was told there was a $100 drop off fee when rental isn't returned to pickup location. Didn't look into it any further after that as $200 in drop off fees for two one way rentals killed the deal big time! We would rather rent a car so very curious how you were able to get one way rentals with no drop off fee.

We are on the same cruise - also flying into Houston - Hobby airport. We had booked Disney transfers, but just now got an email saying our ground transfer charges are being refunded. I'm assuming this means that Disney will not be transporting us to and from the airport. :confused3 DH is going to call tomorrow and find out what happened. Did this happen to anyone else?

We are on the same cruise - also flying into Houston - Hobby airport. We had booked Disney transfers, but just now got an email saying our ground transfer charges are being refunded. I'm assuming this means that Disney will not be transporting us to and from the airport. :confused3 DH is going to call tomorrow and find out what happened. Did this happen to anyone else?

Well that doesn't sound good as we also booked transfers from Hou-Hobby. Please post what your dh finds out. Thanks!

I'm booked through Costco. I called Costco yesterday with the intention of having them cancel my transfers from Hobby. He put me on hold and spoke to DCL. When he came back he informed mr that Disney had already canceled my transfers last week and refunded my money. Totally unbeknown to me. In fact, I haven't heard anything from Disney at all. We decided to rent a car, but man I would have been pretty irritated had we been relying on the transfers. I just can't believe I haven't been notified. When would I have found out had I not called? I wonder if they're simply discontinuing transfers from Hobby. Hopefully someone can get the answers. If you currently have transfers booked for a 2013 cruise you may want to call.

Just called, we have Disney Air booked and as long as you have Disney air you will have transfers. Whew!! I was getting nervous!

heatherb819 said:
Just called, we have Disney Air booked and as long as you have Disney air you will have transfers. Whew!! I was getting nervous!

Hmmmm. Guess I will have to email our TA since we did not book our air through dcl. Thx for the update though.

My TA just got back to me about transfers from Hobby. The cm she talked to said they are canceling the transfers of people that are flying in after March. She did say she would call another cm in a few days to see if the first cm knew what they were talking about. Guess time will tell. :)

Well that doesn't sound good as we also booked transfers from Hou-Hobby. Please post what your dh finds out. Thanks!

DCL told DH today that it was a "computer glitch". Our ground transfer refund has been reversed and the transfers are now showing up again on our itinerary. We did not book airfare through Disney, but did book the pre-cruise hotel stay with them (Hotel Galvez). Disney is transporting us from Houston/Hobby to the Hotel Galvez the day before the cruise, to the port the day of the cruise, and then from the port back to Hobby afterwards.

Tass said:
DCL told DH today that it was a "computer glitch". Our ground transfer refund has been reversed and the transfers are now showing up again on our itinerary. We did not book airfare through Disney, but did book the pre-cruise hotel stay with them (Hotel Galvez). Disney is transporting us from Houston/Hobby to the Hotel Galvez the day before the cruise, to the port the day of the cruise, and then from the port back to Hobby afterwards.

Thank you so much for the update! I was a bit nervous. :)

I just looked at our reservation summary and noticed that my flight info that my TA had entered had been changed to IAH. I'm getting nervous too. Does anyone know the cancellation policy for transfers? I think that may be the best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter