Galveston Cruise Temps

m&p'smom

Mouseketeer
Anyone recently back from the Galveston sailings? How was the temps in Cozumel and Cayman? Was the water cold? and how far out before it warmed up? Unfortunately it has still been getting cold her at night and I am hoping for warmer temperatures when we leave Saturday!!:cool1::cool1:

Thanks for any help....:beach:

We were in Grand Cayman and Cozumel last Tuesday and Wednesday. The highs were low/mid 80's both days and breezy. Can't comment on the water temp (though the pool at Playa Mia in Cozumel felt cold to me). We left on Saturday the 23rd and it was around 55 that day - very cool especially once the boat got moving. It finally warmed up around Monday the day before arriving in Grand Cayman. I did see a lot of people wearing pants and sweatshirts/jackets that last sea day, but I think a cold front had moved through. It was around 40-45 degrees when we debarked last Friday morning.

We were there last Tuesday and Wednesday also. We swam in the ocean at both stops and the water was great. We jumped right in at Stingray City and I don't even remember noticing the water temp so it was definitely comfortable.

Anyone recently back from the Galveston sailings? YES, and I am so sad that it's over :(

How was the temps in Cozumel and Cayman? HOT, water was as warm as an outdoor heated pool...it was beautiful, sunny and hot at both stops, Cozumel was a few degrees warmer.

Was the water cold? Warm and comfortable!and how far out before it warmed up? The first 'at sea day' was a little warmer, but not super hot. It was a little windy, but I heard that it usually isn't that. Kids pools were packed, so it wasn't too cold!

Day 2 at sea is when you really notice the temp. difference, you'll wake up and be excited to run around in a swim suit and be up on the pool decks! It was much warmer.

Cozumel and Caymans days were both very warm and super awesome! We LOVE the warm temps too!

The last sea day for us was windy and cool. We were in the hot tub that night and it was really difficult to get out! That night, we wore capri's and sweatshirts comfortably. We came back to Galveston in a 'cold front' and when we returned we were wearing light jackets, capris and a sweatshirt.

We were there Feb. 12 and 13th and went in the ocean both times - and we don't like cold water and it was fine. When we were in Grand Cayman the water temperature was 91 degrees.

Anyone recently back from the Galveston sailings? How was the temps in Cozumel and Cayman? Was the water cold? and how far out before it warmed up? Unfortunately it has still been getting cold her at night and I am hoping for warmer temperatures when we leave Saturday!!:cool1::cool1:

You will be in paradise, I too was with Minnie321, next room, father, you will love it, you are going to paradise. Go up top to top Siders get breakfast and sit out in open air seating on fantail of deck 9 and enjoy the big blue sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter